[QUOTE] Someone has deleted the front signals by tying the R brown & L Violet wire (see pics) to the return current in the lighting circuit. It was poorly done. I repaired it (assuming it was done correctly. I believe it was if my thinking is correct. Do you suggest I take the violet and brown split connection apart at this point? /QUOTE]

I can't understand why anyone would do this because connecting the indicator brown and purple wires directly to ground will disable the blinkers and probably answers the question of why you were measuring continuity to ground on both blinker wires? These should be disconnected I would think - if the front blinkers are deleted then the connection points should be left insulated and NOT connected to anything.

With the front blinker wires disconnected (and any ground shorts removed) measure for zero (or close to it) ohms from the rear blinker connectors to the indicator switch, the instrument cluster plug and the disconnected front blinker wires as shown in the circuit diagram. The multi-wire splices shown in your photos should be where these all tie together so this measurement will determine further digging in these joins.

Assuming you get blinker operation restored, you should also see the rear blinkers should blink faster than they would with the load of the front and rear bulbs in circuit.

Before we go further down this rabbit hole, are there any other wiring modifications in the areas we are trying to remotely diagnose?