Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One more time on ECM

ASAP I will try to log and see myself what's going on my engine. According to what I read narrowbands, are working moving ECM to constantly supply the engine with alternatively leaner and reacher mixture as its signal is too easily running away abruptly from 0.45 V (14.7 AFR).
    Yes thats how I understand them to work too. On mine looks like O2 target voltage is set to 0.493V and can be adjusted. Not 100% sure what you mean by "signal is too easily running away abruptly from 0.45 V ".
    I am wondering if the up and down AFR is not the cause of the slightly fluctuating idle and the differences between engine pushes, almost cycle by cycle, when in closed loop. But, it is also true that narrowband is used almost everywhere and usually you can't feel any misfire or so...
    Up and down AFR could be a symptom of fluctuating idle, however I doubt narrow band sensor is the cause of that.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    DDFI-3 can log the data via pins 1 and 33 on the gray connector. You'll have to add the wires to the harness by taking the connector apart and adding them in by hand. It's a bit of a pain to do, I've done it a couple of times.
    That said, the ecm is limited and CANNOT (at this time and I doubt it ever will) use the wideband outputs to auto-adjust the ecm or run off of them. It (the ecm) will only use the narrowband signal.

Does the earlier bikes have a spare analog too? Say 2004?

Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    Does the earlier bikes have a spare analog too? Say 2004?
    No, they do not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    "Downgrade after 2007 " ? What chu talkin bout ?
    Hi Outlaw,

I forgot asking you about max RPM in 2008+ Buell XB 12; is it the older 6700 RPM or newer 7100 as European ones ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    Not 100% sure what you mean by "signal is too easily running away abruptly from 0.45 V ".
    Hi cossack84,

I am just badly trying to say, may be the obvious, that if you go slightly up or down from 14.7 O2 voltage output go quickly close to 0 or 0.9, so it seems practically impossible to read AFRs not close enough to 14.7. (once more please excuse me for my English)

Banned

Big step forward

Hi Buellers,

last Saturday I received my Buelltooth from the States.
    Probably more or less like a monkey, but I have been able to do some data loggings with ECMdroid, transfer them to MegaLogViewer and even trying to read the EEPROM with TunerPro.
    In the last case in not sure at all what I was seeing, but in general I feel a bit less overwhelmed especially because I started to understand some of the values we can see in MLV readings.
    As you can imagine a really big batch of questions aroused, but I will try to solve myself most of them, one, to try to not iper-annoying you, two, because at the moment many of them would be nonsense questions.
    Anyway here are a couple more:

Reading TPS log in MLV with the bike stopped after a ride and engine idling (untouched throttle) I saw TPS voltage not steady as I was expecting but constantly fluctuating between 0.420 and 0.445. (RPM ranging 975-1198, IAC Pos 55-66, CLT (C°) 185-191).
    Similar TPS movement can be seen live in ECMdroid, but in degrees.

Is that normal, do the 'good vibrations', or there is maybe something wrong?

I think I may expect also to get tighter RPM idling range on a well working bikes; am I right?

Osvaldo
    I'm not sure about the max rpm level, my 09Xb12ss has an IDS controller so I think they may adjust that. I'm sure others may know.

Banned

Smile

Hi guys,

while waiting for some helpful man answering my previous questions and spending full days reading trough the forum, as well I have been doing many logging and analyzed them through MLV.
    Also with TunerPro and ECMdroid I have been trying to improve my knowledge on how the ECM is working.
    Net steps forward but the way seems to be very long.
    I discovered few things that does not seem to be either right at all, nor logical.

• Looking at pw 1 and 2, rear cylinder is most of the time leaner than the front.

• Sometime injector are not going together, I mean one pw is much higher than the other.

• With the bike idling with untouched throttle sometimes you can see pulses from Acc. correction (up to 4.5 or so)

• In the meantime TPD is floating between 3.5 - 4.5.

Are all those things normal? If you are interested I can try to post some windows from MLV.

Aside I can tell you EGO is taking away a lot of fuel, down to 65 and so AVF settled to 75.
    My bike is full stock less I blocked open the muffler valve, so must be there something wrong, even here we are living all day above 80 F°.
    Anyway the bike is not running very bad, but I tested resetting AFV to 100% and limiting it from 90 to 110% and she is pushing much more cleanly and strongly. (Dyno butt will not tell you how much Hp, or AFR, but it can tell you if the bike is running as you think she should. Is up to you to think correctly... )

Looking for your welcome comments!

Nice trips.

Quote Originally Posted by osvaldo View Post
    Hi cossack84,

I am just badly trying to say, may be the obvious, that if you go slightly up or down from 14.7 O2 voltage output go quickly close to 0 or 0.9, so it seems practically impossible to read AFRs not close enough to 14.7. (once more please excuse me for my English)
    Yes you are correct. Once AFR deviates much from 14.7 the narrow band sensor won’t read very accurately. Hence the use of wide band.

Mine is the same with pw1 being larger number then pw2. Not buy much, but still larger.

Post a screen grab of it

That’s not right.

That does sound right. Mine stays rock solid.

Not sure how new bikes are, is there a idle control valve? 2004 just has idle screw that determines minimum throttle position.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast