Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continuing Saga: O4 XB12R AFV Dropping

Cooter,

Thank you for the heads up. I absolutely did not turn off the 02 sensor. I walked through the steps. Easy enough. I am looking forward to putting the bike back together tomorrow and seeing if this makes a difference in the AFV issue. It should.

I checked my email communication from Buelltooth. This was the response I got from them.

Buelltooth Tech stated, "Install this file and set it up for open loop at 100 if you’re at or near sea level. If it doesn’t run well then you probably have a mechanical issue.

I went ahead and went to their website and followed the directions. The only difference was that they said a TPS reset was not necessary for this change. Easy enough to do. Is this what you would recommend?

Also: Open Loop Learn IS selected and I do not see a closed loop operation listed as an option. I do see an IDOL CLOSED LOOP. Is this what you are referring to?

Did you install their Baro kit?
    Its not under the general tab like I thought, uncheck "Enable Closed Loop". Its under O2 set-up like setting the AFV min and max to 100.
    Last edited by Cooter; 07-06-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tukkayak View Post
    I went ahead and went to their website and followed the directions.
    You might want to double check your work.

Cooter, After running the bike with a the open loop done correctly, it ran fantastic. I masked the 02 sensor, but it is still throwing rich codes. Thoughts on this one?

Put one of these on it and see how it's really running. I'm betting you'll be shocked at how far off it really is. https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/dlg1.php

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I am positive the steps you need to do for whatever tune you got are on their website because FIRST you need to know if that tune is meant to be run in Open Loop only. Once you find that out, do the steps below. PLEASE, don't do this unless you KNOW what tune it is. Ask them.

From memory, IIRC, YMMV, their website has better info about their tunes, etc...
    In ECMDroid, Go to ECM parameters.
    First in general config, uncheck "closed loop operation"
    then in O2 setup, set both the AFV minimum and Maximum values to 100.
    Then burn that tune in, do a TPS re-set according to the manual (also found on the Buelltooth.com or Buellmods.com website).
    and see if that works.
    To turn OFF the 02 sensor using ECMDroid the steps are as follows: ECM Parameters / 02 setup / Minimum RPM (600 by default) > change this above spark cut threshold... like 12000 / Now the 02 sensor is inactive for adjustment by the ECM.

Hey Lowkey, unchecking "closed loop operation" isn't enough to stop the ECM from going into closed loop, reading the O2 and making changes?

Would you mind detailing that for me? It may explain some current tuning anomalies I'm playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Gunter, why is that? A failing coil, will likely not be burning fuel completely... wouldn’t the O2 sensor see that as rich?
    If the O2 sensor read fuel...O2 doesn't see fuel. It only sees O2. When a cylinder fails to fire the oxygen is not consumed in combustion, so all the raw unused air is being pumped into the exhaust, flooding the O2 sensor, with air...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12