Thread: Continuing Saga: O4 XB12R AFV Dropping

Threaded View

Continuing Saga: O4 XB12R AFV Dropping

Hello again everyone,

Here is an update to my new-to-me project bike with 68K miles. It is running strong yet leaning out over longer hauls and seems to be doing this at a quicker pace by the day. I have put roughly 200 miles on it since the cluster/light repair took place. I ride in central Texas hill country.

Mods:
    K&N Air Filter
    Jardine Exhaust
    Tune from Buelltooth

Successes:
    Repaired Cluster
    Repaired Lighting
    Continued Painting

Maintenance:
    New Engine Oil
    New Primary Oil
    All Grounds cleaned, tightened and tested
    All Connections cleaned, inspected, and greased with dialectric
    Sprayed carb cleaner to check for change in RPM- no result.

New Issues (which probably existed long before I got it):
    The bike will run as expected for 50-60 miles. I noticed a gradual increase in noise volume coming from the top of the air filter as, what I assume, is the ECM leaning out the AFV.

Each time it has leaned out, I reloaded the map, and do a TPS reset. I have noticed an AFV reading of 92 on several shorter rides. The Lowest I have seen it was 68 after my 1st 100 mile ride. After that ride, I shut it off for dinner, went out for another short ride later that evening, and it ran boggy, was gutless as it popped and cracked.

No codes are being thrown.

After reading a bit, I thought possibly 02 sensor. Replaced it today with a Bosch #12014 (which people have said they have had good luck with). I rode for about 30 miles today with the new 02 sensor in and the AFV had dropped again to 78.

I am continuing to read up on things. I read a post yesterday where a failing coil was causing a rich environment where the ECM responded by leaning the bike out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Last edited by tukkayak; 07-04-2019 at 05:01 AM.