Hello all.
a newbie here on this forum, and a newbie to Buells. But I've decided, and I'm currently down to two bikes to choose from. Problem is I've only ridden the X1 as the XB12ss is very far away. But I'm planning a trip. So the two bikes then, first I fell in love with a bright red X1 ligtning year 1999 with only 15 000 km. Totally in original state. I rode it and ok, riding pos ok and all. just had to fiddle with the gears. probably just need to get used to it, coming from my Kawa ZZR1200. and noticed it didnt liked so much low revs.. a bit uneven injection or just a adjustment needed. but noticed after my testride just a little little damp oil seemed coming from rear cylinder. Read that this is a very common problem and probably easy fix.
and then went home and scanned the market for a Buells for sale in sweden and voila.. found a XB12Ss Long 2008 and wow... fell in love again and after some reading I get the feeling that the XB may be a better buy. almost the same money for those two. about 45000SEK, or just about 5500$. almost same mileage. but that the XB is more modern ofcourse, more balanced mabey, more refined, but still with that same raw torque power from that 1200 twin.
Grateful for all inputs on choosing the better bike. I know a problem not having ridden the XB yet, for ex riding position, but if numbers are correct on bikez, seat height is about 30,5 inches. suits me fine. same as my Kawa. I'm 5.7 long.
dont know if this site is correct, but I should be sitting just fine on the xb. https://cycle-ergo.com/
thanks in advance for all inputs have a great day/night..