Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing my first Buell ! Advice needed !

Quote Originally Posted by mángi View Post
    Thanks guys for helping . Really greatful. I found after some search another thread ( X1 vs XB12 in here almost identical so thanx for the patience...
    I've been reading alot on these bikes. Its really a shame the XB is so far away just to go see it( 2days ride) and ride it for comparison. But for now the only SS long bike for sale.
    My concern is after comparing size and all data, if the X1 may be a still more stable on the road bike than the xb. with a bit longer wheelbase, a bit more rake etc. I'm not going stuntriding, I'm old but still like a fun handling bike, without beeing too twitchy .. hmm ?! I will still like to go cruising on the bike, specially when girlfriend is on the seat too
    Guess I will have to decide wether to take that long ride to testride that xb or drop it and go with the "near to me" X1. Opinions on wether the xbss feels twitchy ?

Twitchy??? Compared to something like an SV650.... oh yeah. But compared to the other XB's its pretty well behaved. But remember that the I can't say anything bad about the SS. Its one of my favorite Buells.

I'd say the SS steers a lot like a tuber, which isnt a bad thing at all!

Quote Originally Posted by mángi View Post
    Here are some X1 photos from the local bike . In mint condition. I'm confused..
    I would remove these ugly plastic things on each side and put on a proper air filter..of course
    Attachment 12137
    Attachment 12138
    Attachment 12139
    Attachment 12140
    I used to not like the stock air cleaner, but if I did another tuber, I'd be wanting the stock air cleaner back on there. Maybe I'm getting old like Cooter, but I appreciate the stock look more now.

I'm searching for some specs on saddles/space/size, anyone know if X1 saddle or XB12ss bigger/better with passenger and luggage. I have soft bags will hang over ?

Last edited by mángi; 07-19-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12