Thread: Brake and clutch lever

Brake and clutch lever

Hi,

I own a Buell xb12s for half a year, absolutely love it. Gives me a smile every time I ride it.

It has 50.000 km's (31.000 miles) done and according to the Dutch registration system I am the tenth owner. I guess somewhere one of those 9 former owners has replaced the brake and clutch lever. I don't like it, they have a lot of vertical play. Wobbly.

Click here to see how much play https://imgur.com/3qQIJcv

Why would one replace those? Are the original ones bad?
    Do the original Buell ones have the same amount of play?

The stock levers use a bushing on the end to prevent that. These do not use that and the aluminum gets ovalled out over time. You could try to modify the lever to use a bushing to take up the play.... or buy a set of stock levers.

Myself, I prefer using the stock parts and not having my bike look like advertisement for cheap eBay parts. That said, they are all going to have a little play to prevent binding. Next time you are at a motorcycle dealer, check out the levers of the bikes on the floor.

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...6427abc7&_ss=r

Yes thanks. Exactly my idea, don't like the cheap ebay parts. I'm going to try and find the original levers for a reasonable price.

Lol I just ordered those cheapos for mine since I dumped the bike and am to cheap to buy CRGs Tho like the other guy said you can mod them to work better.

I have the CRG's
    Got em in gold to match the rest of the color scheme
    These would look great on your XB12S
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Quote Originally Posted by Jurrien View Post
    Yes thanks. Exactly my idea, don't like the cheap ebay parts. I'm going to try and find the original levers for a reasonable price.
    I'm thinking about changing my original levers soon for aftermarket ones. Could sell them to you if you are interested?

Btw, seen your photo on MF in the Buell topic. I'm from the Netherlands as well and a newly proud owner of an XB12Ss.

Hi Paul, that would be nice, I'll send you a private message.