Thread: pragmatic

pragmatic

All,

just completed a 2000mile round trip from Pac NW to Napa, CA and Back. New Avon Trailriders. Lots of rain, twisties and about 30%I-5.

Hummed along. Fuel average 40mpg . Slower patches around 50mpg. 3-400 miles/day. That is with a 2009 Uly, stock except the SS Drummer.

Strictly business, redwoods, Oregon Coast, a new route through the Northern Oregon Coast Range. No pictures except before and after on the tires.(tires look a bit scuffed is all). Aero stitch kept me warm and dry. Trailriders are awesome on this bike--gravel, dirt, wet pavement, windy mountain roads.

Passed lots of Harleys

Just another guy on a bike--but a good run. Take away, go with a buddy if you want to camp,--kinda scary solo. Motels are just as awful as ever, partial fasting is a good way to lose weight and avoid bad bites at the greasy spoon. Bring good water and food from the larder to get you through.

Get out there!

Opto

Whats the "larder"?

How was the Drummer? I had one on my SS and it seemed to reverberate in my helmet and would give me a headache. I asked Kevin @ Drummer (super great guy) to make me a db killer and a little turndown extension to help redirect the sound, but it didnt help. Maybe a new/different helmet would have helped.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-18-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Hey Opto! I told ya I'd be in Monterey for the races! Sorry to miss you buddy, glad you had a good head-clearing ride and wish you took pics

Yep, Get out there.

3419--The larder is your pantry where all your food goodies are stored. In my case I had some dried apples and pears, some canned tuna, canned peaches and such. Plus some home water in a thermos. Sometimes nice to just skip the restaurant and just eat some tuna and enjoy the view.

Cooter, Yes was good to get out. Kind of mission focused, but happy the Uly performed so well. If it screwed up in some mysterious way I was prepared to walk away from it. Wifey gave me AAA so that could get it off the highway, anyway.

I have a few pictures on the iPhone, I could share, but it is still not clear how to get them from the phone to this site. Sorry to be a dummy but I am missing something.

Anyway I hope we cross paths before too long.

Opto

3419--Oh yeah, the Drummer. I agree Kevin is a first rate guy. The exhaust is beaucoup loud though. The only fix I can come up with is really well fitted earplugs.

The bike seemed to perk up after I installed it and the ECM, so I just went with it. I loaned the bike out to a buddy awhile ago and yes you can sure hear that bike coming.

Opto

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    3419--The larder is your pantry where all your food goodies are stored. In my case I had some dried apples and pears, some canned tuna, canned peaches and such. Plus some home water in a thermos. Sometimes nice to just skip the restaurant and just eat some tuna and enjoy the view.
    I like hitting the greasy spoons myself when traveling, even if I have to pay for it later. It sounds like you had a great trip!

So, a larder is a pantry. What part of the country (or world) uses that term? Genuinely curious.

And yes, please post pics. I’d love to see them.

Here how I upload. On the icons above the message, there is one that sort of looks like a tree in a picture, it’s 4 over from the happy face. Another window will pop up that says “Insert Image”, you may have to move the screens around to find it on an iPhone. Make sure to select the tab that says “From Computer”. Then “Choose files”, then “photo library”. Once you get the photo selected, choose “Upload files”. It doesn’t look like a button, but it is. Then wait. Seriously patience is the key.The screen will eventually change and you’ll see a tag with the words “attach” in the body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larder--here is the story on Larder. I dunno--always has been part of my lanquage. Plus we have an actual larder of sorts for all the canned stuff we put up.

I will try again on the posting thing. I sent some to Cooter and asked him to post them until I can figure it out. Big ask I know.

On the trail--3 metero dudes on Harleys with two hard body, tatted up, lookers on Ducatis--quite the pack.