Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 Buell XB12X stalling

Thanx lunaticfringe. I agree The front cylinder is cold, and plug smell of fuel...so yes it must be something going on at the front cylinder because that fuel is not being used or combusted i take it. When i remove that plug to test for spark it wanted to idle as good as ever when the plug is outside, sounding abnormal off course. I have tested the resistance of the coil and its within spec. Can it be a leak somewhere with regards to air pressure?

I love it when you talk logical !

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jakes1982 View Post
    Thanx lunaticfringe. I agree The front cylinder is cold, and plug smell of fuel...so yes it must be something going on at the front cylinder because that fuel is not being used or combusted i take it. When i remove that plug to test for spark it wanted to idle as good as ever when the plug is outside, sounding abnormal off course. I have tested the resistance of the coil and its within spec. Can it be a leak somewhere with regards to air pressure?

I love it when you talk logical !
    knock it off Kenneth! LOL

i hope you realize keyboard trouble-shooting is a crap-shoot at best....but if this bike was in my shop, here's what i'd do:
    i'd assume this thing has fuel and fuel only at TDC compression. that would be my starting point.
    i'd remove and replace the plug with known good new one. NGK DCPR8EIX is what i'd replace it with.
    next i'd simply place a compression tester gauge into the front plug hole....hold throttle wide open...key on....kill switch to on...and crank for 5 seconds or so and read the gauge. anything in the 145-155psi range would tell you the cylinder has operable compression. if so then continue on.
    next i'd replace the spark plug wire to rule it out as a culprit.
    finally with new plug and plug wire in place start the bike and see what you have.
    if the cylinder is still dead then it clearly is the coil.
    this would be how i'd attack it.

Lol. Njloco is that being serious or sarcastic lol.. ...new here just trying to feel the sence of humor here hehe.

Thats the rhing its new sparkplugs and new sparkplug wires. The problem is the coil resistance is fine. Can the coil give problems intermittantly?

Do exactly what he says and, in the order he says to do it in !

Ill see to that njloco. Its the best bet ive got so far. Thanx for the sarcasm on previous msg then. Cool.

Many have failed to properly seat the plug wire onto both or either the spark plug and the coil. Make it click.

Baught new spark plugs again. Started right up and idling perfectly thanx. Dont know why the previous "new" ones didnt work, maybe because off all the cranking they got damaged some how.....the next morning bike didnt want to start again...wiggled the harness coming from the ignition sensor and it started again....noticed shavings on the wire right at the bottom were it kind of makes an S - shape loop. Will get that sorted today.

You have done better than me.
    When I changed my spark plugs this happened.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12