Thread: New member. XT rear shock questions.

New member. XT rear shock questions.

Just picked up 2009 XB12XT.

Going down the list of things to check and setting a baseline for the suspension.

I don't have an owners manual yet and can't find a reference to which rear shock adjuster is for rebound and which one is compression?

Can anyone clarify?

I figured out the forks have the rebound at the top.

Another question about the rear shock is how the preload adjuster works. From all the way back (ccw), it takes about 4 turns before resistance is felt.

Is that normal?

Thanks in advance.

Inactive
    Another question about the rear shock is how the preload adjuster works. From all the way back (ccw), it takes about 4 turns before resistance is felt.

Is that normal?

YES...that's normal.

see link below. start at page 101 and continue on thru several pages. just click and read. shows all the ulysses X...XT suspension settings...pics...recommendations...etc etc. simply adjust to your weight. i'll also note that correct tire pressures on an X or XT make a noticeable difference in both ride comfort and tire longevity. for solo riding with luggage lightly filled i run approx. 10% less pressure than the recommended max pressure recommended in manual. works well for the long haul.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/80...age=101#manual
    Last edited by user_deleted; 07-24-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's what I needed to know.