Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the forum need help with xb12ss build

Well thanks for the advice tho I sense a slight condescending tone maybe I read it wrong. Either way the advice is appreciated. As to showing off I'm not going to lie reving the piss out of my r1 when people least except it is kinda fun lol. And yes I'm aware alot of people are going to knock my stupid ideas down but hey at the end of the day what I do to my bike makes me happy. If you want to criticize please feel free all I ask is that it's atleast constructive criticism.

So I've I've seen the german stuff but only a few pictures not much on how to actually install one. I dont have technical know how hence why I turn to you guys and this forum, isnt that the point? Either way thank you for the reply you did actually give me some insight on what to do or moreless where to start.

I've seen some super cool tubers but I only have my xb, so do with whatcha got ya know. It definitely be easier to do what I want with an x1.

I had a hypercharger on my M2, and while I thought it was super cool, the only other people who thought so weren’t old enough to have a license.

Is that picture you posted of the actual hypercharger you bought? The base on that looks like it’s supposed to fit a Weber 2 barrel progressive carb like everyone was fitting to 4 cylinder cars back in the 80’s. On a XB there is no way for it to stick out the side like a tuber or Sportster.

My $0.02 is that if you’re going to make a custom bike, why not just do a Sportster? I’m not knocking you, I’m just pointing out my experience with owning a hypercharger and being a fan boy of them. You may want to reach out to that German company to see if they are still doing the kits, or you may be stuck having to rely on your technical know how if you need to fabricate the parts yourself.

Check this out:

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...&cid=322&s=&a=
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-21-2019 at 09:16 PM.

And this (Weber progressive air cleaner)

https://shop.bestreviews.com/product...xoCyVYQAvD_BwE

Lol yea I know it's not going to be super popular but all I have stuck in my head is my mad max theme. And at the end of the day im going to like the look guess we'll see I'll post progress pics. And yes that is the actual one i bought theres no way i can afford a kit like the one you posted. I bought the hypercharger of ebay for 60 bucks so we'll see what I can do with it , I'm soso at fabricating and if dont work then 60 bucks ain't so bad

Posted a pic of some of my leather work, as you can tell im a fan of the post apocalyptic/madmax thing
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can see some of the guys wearing that stuff !

You should look up “gas mask mod buell XB” on google. Probably perfect for what you are going for.

Remember that throttle body on the XB is downdraft, so unless you figure out an extension and a custom tank cover, the hypercharger is going to be hidden.

Actually the gas mask mod kinda gave me the idea for the theme. I was considering doing it but it's been done to death I think im going to go with a dual vertical light setup. The tank is going to be something I havent seen yet too since I'm relocating all the stuff under the seat to the tank and building around it, industrial is what comes to mind when I'm thinking of the tank design but I need to figure out the hypercharger first.

So question ,may be a dumb one but where would I tap into to get the vacuum needed to actuate the flap ? Can I just tap into the stack leading from the throttle body to the charger ?

You may need to pull the manifold and take it to a shop that does machine work. You may want to buy a spare used one to be on the safe side, instead of doing it to your stock one.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but if your mechanical skills are limited, removing and reinstalling the manifold will not be fun. It’s not terribly difficult, but will test your patience and perseverence. The first time I did it, it took me about 3 hours. I recommend googling about replacing intake seals on an XB, as I’m sure someone did a diy at some time. Not to rub it in but the same task on a Sportster or tuber takes about 30 minutes, if you stop for a beer break halfway through.

Not a bad idea I just might do that thanks. If I screw something up I really dont care all that much I havent ridden this bike in 3 years. I crashed it then was pretty much homeless for 2 years so it was just sitting in storage. When I pulled it out it had mold growing everywhere even on the metal parts. So its already a disaster lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12