Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cooling fan won't come on

Okay now I'm gonna check my settings. Does it really matter which of the above sets of parameters is used as long as it's one of them? I have an 07 XB12SCG - BUEIB

Follow lunatics settings.

Did you get a RH scoop?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Follow lunatics settings.

Did you get a RH scoop?
    will do, yes on scoop

When you load someone elses tune with ECMDroid, it includes the fuel tables AND the ECM Parameters as well.
    It isn't really clarified that YOU need to check the parameters after you load a new tune on and adjust them to what you like Including AFV.

Some of the more common BUE2D tunes people trade around for free have that fan setting backwards.

Send Buelltooth your questions, I have found their customer support amazing! Very knowledgeable!

When i had my original tune with stock airfilter and muffler the fan come on after every ride.
    But now with K&N and modified muffler it wont come on at all ( Drummer tuning )
    Should i adjust the fan settings like the one in my original tuning or is this meant to be different fan-settings?

Original: Original.jpg

Drummer: Drummer.jpg

The Drummer settings look fine to me? You can set them to whatever you want. IMO the original key-off 130C/on 110C/off temps were excessively low and giving you unneccesary fan wear and battery draw.
    I'd leave it alone and enjoy the silence
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-08-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Just adding the RH scoop on an XB will affect the the frequency and duration that the fan turns on.

Myself, I'd rather deal with the excess fan usage, and hearing it turn on at shutdown as a reminder that "I'm still here and working to keep your bike cool".

When I was having an overheating issue with my old XB, the part that really let me know that something was wrong was the fact that the fan wasn't turning on when I shut the bike off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    The Drummer settings look fine to me? You can set them to whatever you want. IMO the original key-on 130C/on 110C/off temps were excessively low and giving you unneccesary fan wear and battery draw.
    I'd leave it alone and enjoy the silence
    Ok TXs.

I had a problem with draining battery and i guessed it was the fan.

But what is the critical temp for the bike?
    I was riding it pretty hard today just to see if the fan came on but it didnt, therefore i was a bit confused.

You can see your old 'key-off' fan temp settings were set super low. So you'd be riding (at the key-on settings) which won't turn the fan on until 225* and shut the fan down at 195*. Pretty typical operating range.

With the old settings, as soon as you shut down the bike, it would turn on the fan immediately because it's hotter than the 130* key-off setting and run until it's a chilly 110*. IMO, I don't think it's necessary to chill an engine down that drastically, right away, every single time you turn it off.

Your new Drummer settings turn the fan on while riding a little sooner and I agree with those settings too. Those Drummer key-off temps (the ones you're asking about) are more in-line with what I usually see. Just getting the bike a little cooler and then stop, letting it cool down naturally, saving the battery and fan strain.

If you live on the Sun like 34:19 does and you're worried about checking the fan for operation everyday, maybe lower the key-off temps little by little until it stays on for a minute or so after a typical ride? Theres really nothing wrong with messing with the settings, but I'd leave the Key-on temps alone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast