Moto sitting for 3 months. Put on battery tender. Tender showed "Not Charging" blinking red. Disconnected battery tender. Removed seat. Connected 12v battery charger to battery terminals (battery in place in the motorcycle with leads attached). Heard a strange click, immediately unplugged 12v battery charger. Disconnected leads and removed battery from motorcycle. Charged battery with 12v battery charger (holds charge, seemingly the battery is good). Put battery in motorcycle, connected positive (+) lead, touched negative (-) lead to battery terminal to connect it and fuel pump immediately started, (began to whir), ran continuously until I removed negative (-) lead. No key in ignition, ignition in off position. Tried one more time to connect negative (-) lead, fuel pump came on again and ran continuously, I used key to attempt to start, what I think was the starter making a 'clacking' noise happened (normal sound for when the moto does start), motorcycle would not turn-over. Turned ignition off, removed key, disconnected negative (-) lead. Disconnected positive (+) lead. Removed battery from motorcycle. There she sits...

Any ideas regarding what I might have done and or how to fix it to get moto running? (it has gas, has been in a garage, started fine with no issues 3 months ago)

I am guessing I did something when I connected the 12v battery charger while the battery was still in the motorcycle with leads attached...

Thanks for any help you can offer. Dave D