Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best production year?

Great bike, highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    oh, man, butchcr... I'm sorry to hear that. You should probably get rid of it.

Coincidentally I have a pile of money sitting next to me...
    Where are you located? I have a clean, sorted out one I could be persuaded to let go. 2009 / 6K miles / new tires / all fluids changed.

In case anyone was wondering, I bought an 09 1125. Previous owner tricked it out, and I gotta say, I'm all kinds of impressed. My poor xb12ss is looking mighty jealous these days.

5e3a3550c7d39a2e614840c5.jpg

As a side note, I'm likely going to swap the subframe for my xb12ss. I understand I'll need some brackets and I'll nneed to cut out a spot for the rear shock. Does anyone have a writeup or resource for this? My searches have brought me to dead threads and finished pictures.
    Last edited by Captain Awesome; 04-02-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Just jump in. It isn't anything that someone familiar with a toolbox can't figure out

Post a thread on it! LOL
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-02-2020 at 10:44 PM.

You are going to put an Ss rear on your 1125? Or put an 1125 rear on your Ss?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Just jump in. It isn't anything that someone familiar with a toolbox can't figure out

Post a thread on it! LOL

Tool box..? Yeah, i'm familiar, but what does congress have to do with motorcycles?

I jest, I jest.

Nah, man, I hold steering wheels for a living. I pay folk to get their hands dirty, so this is a real departure of character for me. When I get my ss/uly swap finished, I'll start the 1125/ss swap thread and see what sort of wisdom y'all have for me.

You are going to put an Ss rear on your 1125? Or put an 1125 rear on your Ss?
    Ss rear on the 1125. The seat is mighty uncomfortable and the pillion seat is more like an afterthought. On top of that, to do any maintenance, I've gotta unbolt the tail, so I might as well make it easier for myself.

Plus, I really like the way the ss tail looks on an 1125. Throw on a corbin gunfighter and you've got a real nice thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12