Been enjoying the EBR, but it has slowly developed issues. Basically, sometimes at start up it would rev up to just under 3K and slowly idle back down, maybe 2 seconds time. I normally cruise around the 3-4K rpm range. The Surging in that range was getting really bad.

On the last ride, I pulled into a parking lot to sit in the shade a bit. Looking over I see a stud. Don't studs normally come with nuts installed? Well ended up losing 2 opposite corner nuts on the front header. Didn't get the class 10 flanged nuts, (10mm) but they had some class 8 non flanged. (11mm) Gonna order the proper nuts. No room for a socket on the 11mm head.

So install the new incorrect hardware. I can hear the front header moving just a bit. Short story long....

That was my issue. I have heard of exhaust leaks pulling in air and causing the ECU to think its lean and add fuel. That was the other thing, on that very ride I noticed it was starting to smell rich as well. Bike runs great, a lot smoother, idle is still a little high. Guesstimating 1600-1700 rpm. I was going to hook up the laptop and see what the ECU was doing, but glad I saw the missing hardware. Never heard the typical exhaust tick leak sound. Already looks like the mpg is going up. ~36mpg so far.