Thread: 2007 xb12s stalling occasionally

2007 xb12s stalling occasionally

So my bike is having intermittent problems starting and staying running. I’ve been able to figure out that the problem is that the fuel pump loses power, to fix this problem I simply manipulate the bundle of wires and connector that plugs into the left side of the ECM. This will cause the fuel pump to prime and me to be able to start and drive the bike. Has anyone ever had this issue before?

Do you know if the seat interferes with the ECM when seated on it or when going over bumps ?

Maybe examine grounding points. Those can corrode. May need to loosen and clean those points up.

Grounding points in general or are there some that are specific to the ecm?

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Do you know if the seat interferes with the ECM when seated on it or when going over bumps ?
    To my knowledge clearance isn’t an issue, sometimes to fix this I can just poke the connector and be good. Just sucks to worry about the bike stalling while riding.
    I did ride about 60 miles with the issue to only occur 2 times.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1075 View Post
    To my knowledge clearance isn’t an issue, sometimes to fix this I can just poke the connector and be good. Just sucks to worry about the bike stalling while riding.
    I did ride about 60 miles with the issue to only occur 2 times.

Sir: with all due respect there's no way in hell i'd continue to ride your XB12 in its present condition. why? two reasons: it's quite unsafe....as in having the distinct possibility that the motor will shut off during a situation when power is needed most...as in passing another vehicle......and two....it's just a matter of time till it leaves you stranded.

this link may help.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-cracked-apart

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1075 View Post
    Grounding points in general or are there some that are specific to the ecm?
    I would look at posts that involve ground issues. They can cause intermittent problems like that. The fact that you wiggled wires makes me think it's a bad ground connection or possible a bad crimp on a ring terminal. Check this out:
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...K-THEM-GROUNDS

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    Sir: with all due respect there's no way in hell i'd continue to ride your XB12 in its present condition. why? two reasons: it's quite unsafe....as in having the distinct possibility that the motor will shut off during a situation when power is needed most...as in passing another vehicle......and two....it's just a matter of time till it leaves you stranded.

this link may help.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-cracked-apart
    I checked out that tread, thanks for the insight. There’s more than 2 reasons to not do this, only reason I did because I was not alone.