Thread: 1125 rear wheel

1125 rear wheel

Will the 1125 rear wheel fit my XB12s 2004 model?
    Is the wheel a 3 bearing type? and can i use my axle in the wheel if the answers are yes.
    My wheel did the drive side bearing last year and now the new bearing is a push fit and not a press fit. Not ideal .
    Thanks for your time.
    Cheers, Kev.

If you can get some epoxy called Belzona super metal, you can make it a perfect fit as the epoxy does not expand or shrink at all and, it isn't called super metal for nothing.

Thanks for the reply, will look into the epoxy.

A push-in fit for the bearing can be ok, but not 'drop in'. It doesn't need to press in, it just needs to have enough resistance that the outer race does NOT rotate or move under use.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    Will the 1125 rear wheel fit my XB12s 2004 model
    2009 will. 2010 will not.

Is the wheel a 3 bearing type?
    2010 is. 2009 is not.

and can i use my axle in the wheel if the answers are yes.
    yes
    To clarify Lunatics answer that your 2004 axle will work if you have a 3 bearing wheel. No.
    A 2-bearing axle is not the same for a 3-bearing wheel. Your original 2004, 2-bearing axle won't work.

There is a later-model black axle that is the '2 or 3 bearing axle' but requires an additional spacer to work with the 3 bearing (2010 Uly) wheel. I don't know the measurement difference between the 2 axles, but the part number is different.
    Last edited by Cooter; 08-28-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Yup, got that thanks Cooter. The bearing just drops out when i remove the wheel. No free-play when it's in place and it doesn't have outer race movement when it's snugged up. Looking at another wheel on the weekend as it's quite cheap. The guy reckons it's a 2 bearing but wasn't positive. I guess it'll be obvious when i shine a torch in there.

Ok, cool man
    2010, 3 bearing wheels can be found but are kinda rare. They are a good upgrade though!