Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Commuter Buells

all '99 and newer buells, except the m2 and blast, were FI. A carbed or FI S3t would be a great bike. I prefer FI. I wouldn't get a '97. They have a few '97 only parts on them and are hard to find if you want to keep it "correct".
    Matt

I've commuted on a number of bikes including a Duc ST4s. I like my 08 Uly the best.

Been researching the Tubers. I do like them. Seems to be the STT/Uly, or an S3T for commuting.

Any comparison between the Uly and a tuber? Comfort wise? I would need rain gear and cold weather gear storage.
    Whats the mpg on a S3T or tuber in general? The XB gets high 40's and hits 50 occasionally. However with the R my wrists aren't happy after an hour.

Anyone wanna trade a SST/Uly, S3T for a 66 Barracuda?

I commute daily about 80 miles RT. Half mountain twisties, half highway.

I have been riding my 09 Firebolt most of the time, but my 2000 S3T is way more comfortable. Once I finish all of the maintenance on the S3T I will probably ride it more. I just need to replace the exhaust hanger bolt (front), fork seals and all of the motor mounts (not failing or showing much wear, but want to replace them anyway).

The XB gets 45mpg and the S3T gets about 43mpg

2009 XB 1250 as my daily commuter. Was commuting 60 miles a day, now 40 miles a day. It has been a great commuting bike.

How many keep rain gear with all times? Being in Wa, I'll have to keep an eye on rain and drop in temps. It can be nice during the day, but too cold at night with the wind chill. I normally have a pack back, but side bags may be nice.

I also just carry a backpack on my 12r along with what I need for the trip and or destination but if I had bags I would absolutely carry Rain gear. Even if only some Frogg Toggs, lightweight and doesn’t take up much space.

Always on the Ully, never on the SS because, it doesn't go out in the rain.

I can see me needing to carry cold weather and rain gear. Wont need it going to work but I will leaving, also seems rain gear packs down pretty good. I like those dry pak tail bags.

The transfer is going through, I have to commute or relocate 100 miles north. I'll have to commute for a bit. Still looking for a bike as my needs have changed, plus its another reason to get another bike. We all need one of those.
    I'm down to either the Uly or S3T. I'm leaning towards the S3T only because I don't have a tuber yet. Gotta get one with the bags. Found a nice grey with purple frame. Always when I'm low on funds....

I know this has been posted, but I've been referring to this a lot recently...

https://daviddreesen.blogspot.com/20...1983-2009.html

Last edited by rb70383; 10-21-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast