Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SpecOps(?) Exhaust off of '08 XB12XT

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    Indeed he will. please refer to page 6....paragraph 3....sub-section A-4 of our HellFire owners/installation manual, as follows:

(A-4)Following installation of your HellFire Custom-Competition exhaust system, please confirm that your neighbors are fully aware of both your investment and pride-in-ownership as follows:
    1-start engine and allow to warm for approximately 15 seconds.
    2-select 2nd gear and hold throttle WFO. this will activate your OEM rev-limiter and emit abundant flames and sparks.
    3-as you exit your driveway keeping throttle WFO...simultaneously drag rear brake and slip clutch to get moving. hold a steady-state speed of approx. 3mph(5km's for Euro/Canuck trash) until you've fully exited your neighborhood.
    What section describes the soothing ambiance glow of the cherry red muffler?

Additional Photo showing dent

Here is a shot of the belly of the exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the exhaust still available? I am interested. The baffles that you put in, can they be removed if wanted?

Yep! Pipe still available, and the baffles were 'gently' pressed in. I left them proud so you can grab them and pull them out.

Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    But I do have one Ahole in the hood. Unfortunately he lives next to me. There's always one! I think he might come to appreciate the melodic, soothing hell fire sound at least 2x a day.

Indeed he will. please refer to page 6....paragraph 3....sub-section A-4 of our HellFire owners/installation manual, as follows:

(A-4)Following installation of your HellFire Custom-Competition exhaust system, please confirm that your neighbors are fully aware of both your investment and pride-in-ownership as follows:
    1-start engine and allow to warm for approximately 15 seconds.
    2-select 2nd gear and hold throttle WFO. this will activate your OEM rev-limiter and emit abundant flames and sparks.
    3-as you exit your driveway keeping throttle WFO...simultaneously drag rear brake and slip clutch to get moving. hold a steady-state speed of approx. 3mph(5km's for Euro/Canuck trash) until you've fully exited your neighborhood.

refer to video for correct throttle application sequence.

As usual, spot on how to info Lunatic. I would be doing it all wrong if not for the write-up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12