Just got a '06 XB12X with a wobbly stand. Before I could look into it more, down it went. A previous owner had Helicoiled the Case holes with the short version and what looks like 3/4" bolts. Stock bolt size is 1 1/4" I think, so not enough threads to hold that much weight.

The question, has anyone had experience using JB Weld on the case holes with a stud/nut setup for the sidestand bracket? I found 3/8" Allen head set screws (grade 8) of the right length. I was wondering if the JB Weld would bond the hole and grip the threads. The case is OK, no cracks I can see. The bolt holes were enlarged and threaded for the 5/16" X 3/4" Helicoils which pulled out. I can slip the 3/8" screw 3/4" into the holes in the case but would drill/tap the rest of the way to match the screw. The mounting bracket holes will need to be enlarged to match. I don't believe I could drill/tap and use a bolt, not enough meat to hold. I could hog it out to 7/16" but I wonder about the casting bosses being able to hold after removing that much material.

Has anyone added a support to the bracket which ties into a third bolt somewhere on the lower part of the engine?