Thread: light scuffing

light scuffing

hey I recently had a little wipe out thanks to one of the donkeys on the road. Both I and the bike made it out fairly unscathed besides a little scuffing on the bike. Specifically on the header pipe, the frame guard? (the light hump on the frame near the tank on the right side) and the back tail frame section. These are minor but id still like to fix it if this is possible? maybe a quick buffer or something. any input is appreciated! the bikes a 2010 lightning xb12scg

This is how you can fix the plastics. One of the beautiful parts of the Buell is the plastics are color molded all the way through.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...cratch-removal

If you can't sand the frame puck down to your liking, you can still buy them new. Try SPHDonline.com, or Newcastle Harley, or Twin motorcycles in the Netherlands. Whatever closer to your location.

You can sand the header as well to get rid of minor scratches, you can even polish it

Yes, have no fear on the header. Similar thing happened to me. I was able to use brillo pad on puck to get it a little better, but didn't go crazy trying to make it perfect. Header was no biggie. Wasn't dented so just used 400 grit, 1000 grit, then polish.

thanks guys! heading to the store now see what I can do. BTW has either of you done an LED conversion on your buells? any suggestions on the best brand for the bike

Any LED you like will work. Do this instead of the funky load resistors...
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ED-flasher-mod

My XB had scuffed headers when I got it. I painted them black with high temp header paint and I think they look pretty good. I do like the stock bronze colour but...

IMG_20190805_114303.jpg

There's still a scuff you can see through the paint but its not a big deal. I just masked off the frame/engine and painted them in place. Looks good unless you get your head right up in them.

Last edited by leakyrat; 08-20-2019 at 01:24 AM.