Thread: New Springs

New Springs

I need to replace my fork seals (2006 XB12X), and figured since they’re not expensive, I’d also swap to the springs to something more appropriate to my weight. I used racetech’s calculator and it recommended these: FRSP S3732085.

I’ve changed springs on regular forks in the past, but never on inverted forks. With other forks, the recommended springs have invariably been shorter than stock springs, requiring me to cut a length of PVC pipe to maintain a certain amount of default preload.

Has anyone used racetech springs on a Ulysses? Are they correct length or do the require a similar type of jury rig to work?

I don't know of any fork springs that require that to be done in the right application.

The whole reason for new springs is correct pre-load for your weight. They don't do anything else.

Race-tech is a great brand.
    Good luck!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by abruzzi View Post
    I need to replace my fork seals (2006 XB12X), and figured since they’re not expensive, I’d also swap to the springs to something more appropriate to my weight. I used racetech’s calculator and it recommended these: FRSP S3732085.

I’ve changed springs on regular forks in the past, but never on inverted forks. With other forks, the recommended springs have invariably been shorter than stock springs, requiring me to cut a length of PVC pipe to maintain a certain amount of default preload.

Has anyone used racetech springs on a Ulysses? Are they correct length or do the require a similar type of jury rig to work?
    they are correct in all regards. be sure you order correct ones for your specific year ulysses as the spring rates for that model buell vary substantially from year to year. see chart below. it has the specific lengths listed.
    trackside engineering also has correct units.

https://www.racetech.com/HTML_FILES/...rkSprings.html

Thanks. The racetech website listed the part FRSP S3732 with a spring rate of .85 kg/mm for my weight, so the full part number is FRSP S3732085. However the selection on the racetech website didn’t differentiate between years of XB12X, it was simply “2005-08”