Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Camping

I too need my coffee around 3 p.m.

Whoever invented the Thermos bottle should have gotten a Nobel. You can keep your AM coffee hot for later and your water nice and cold.

I pack a Kelley Kettle--fastest way to get some hot water, burns bits of sticks, pine cones, cardboard etc. A bit of a dilemma during fire season just be cool. Also good for the hot water for freeze dried stuff. Lots of grub pronto. The extreme offroaders always pack some.

I used to carry a small mesh grill for over the fire, but use a collapsible rocket stove now--more twigs, twisted grass or pine cone fire.

My luxury item is a 9" Cast Iron Pot--totally useful for campfire/rocket stove cooking and worth the weight penalty. Just ask Cooter -- he got the Solstice Omelet.

This is all on the Uly --The top case is mostly food and cooking supplies, including paper towels, fire tongs etc. Lots of room for water, thermos etc. Heck, when I found a bargain on a 40 ouncer of Bulleit well it fit right in!

just want to add: camping involves a lot of time plus being in the right mood. When you find a place to hang out for awhile and can cook your fish or just watch the water flow by--then it is great to have the set up. I carry a awesome small axe btw

When you are burning up the highway and mission focused then Mom's café is the good call. Main thing is to get out there.

Opto

Yep! Solstice omelets are the best, LOL. An Axe is the thing I always need and never have, good one Opto

Where do you go? What do you take with you?

I go here

I take this20180830_142414.jpg

But seriously I have gone down there a couple times with the uly loaded down with a tent and a lawn chair. It is just a bunch of drunks in a field, not a fancy wilderness trip.

There is camping and then there was is glamping, I do both but do prefer camping.

I'll try this again. At the risk of being called a "Glamper". Tent, Soto camp stove, paracord, hydration pack, head lamp, camp towel, cot, and a Kermit chair (with leg extensions of course). One benefit of not using the leg extensions is that I'm lower to the ground should a booze induced tip over occur. Did I mention Booze?

. Did I mention Booze?
    there's a MC camping point I have questions about. Having a lil nip of whiskey packed with u on the bike is no problem, but I'm pretty much strictly a beer guy. What does one do about that? Set up camp and go pick up a 6er? I can't imagine anyone is hauling much more than a sandwich cooler right?

With age comes knowledge, both of my soft bags on the Ully also act as ice coolers ! So yes I usually have to make a run to a local watering hole after camp is set up, yes they can carry a lot of beer, "what can I say, I like beer " !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast