Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Engine build

EricZ if you wanna search. That bike was so SICK I wanna say 250hp? More? He worked for an actual OE turbo Mfg and def knew his stuff.

Dyno tuning is easy to find. It's finding someone versed in the Buell specific ECMSpy or TunerPro to do the adjustments. Wire up a common ECM like a Motec and you'd be GTG anywhere.

I searched all over the internet, and even used the search function on the website. Can you send me a link, bruh?

And a hose clamp has nothing to do with tuning. That just means your head was up your ass

I definitely know who ericZ is. I want his Cushdrive cad file!

If I could just list how many times that head/ass thing happens to me At least I know my colon is clean!

It’s a real thing. Stuff happens man. I wrenched on exotic cars for over 10 years. The stress level was insane! Stuff happened to me all the time. I just went through that with this motor too. That’s why I’m doing it myself this time. I check and recheck everything. I trust my work over anybody else’s. Until “stuff” happens that is....

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    And a hose clamp has nothing to do with tuning. That just means your head was up your ass

Watch the video and he explains the cascade of failure. As I remember it, the hose clamp was loose (edit: it may have been tight, but maybe not tight enough), admitting unmetered air into the system. He did something to compensate, which pretty much fuxored the whole thing from there. I think the hose clamp was releasing boost pressure, so he kicked up the boost. The lesson here is that when dealing with a beast like his (or yours), the stakes are high... so triple check everything! I'm excited to see this come together!

No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood.

Ya I’ve seen it. Many times lol. That bike was amazing man. This is why I’m building it this time. I will check every single thing again and again. I’ve invested a lot of money in this motor. I’m passionate about it.

Update. Dark horse is shipping my bottom end out today. Should have it Thursday.
    All bushings, bearings, and seals replaced. (Thanks for the trans bearing Cooter!)
    Brand new 2008 xb9 crank, knife edged, windowed, plugged, welded and balanced.
    Crank weighed in at 12.7 lbs after lightening and the pinion shaft runout is .001
    I’ll post up some pics when I get it.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819