Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine build

Engine build

NRHS 1050 kit, stage 2 heads, cat 3 cams, xb12 throttle body, xb12 header, open airbox, carbon jardine, dual widebands tuned by me. Doing the break in now. Should be pretty rowdy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome! Any chance of posting the dyno charts you did for tuning?

Haven't been to the dyno yet on this motor as im still breaking it in. Once i get to that point ill post up the info.

Definitely not cool enough to run true duals on the lightning. God my neighbors would burn my house down. I'm a firm believer in everything matching. I've done suspension and brake upgrades to go with the extra power. Cause why wouldn't you?

Mike bike looks great.
    How do you data log the two wide bands?

Thanks cossack. I just do one cylinder at a time. So I’ll go out on a tune run with the front cylinder o2 plugged in. Then get back to the house upload the tune for front. Unplug front, plug in rear. You get the idea

I use ecmspy and megalog viewer to tune with.

So I don't know much about tuning, but was curious about the dual wideband O2 sensors vs. a baro sensor. I've been thinking of eventually getting the baro sensor for rides at higher altitude.

I only run open loop. I don’t know much about the baro sensors. I rarely stray too far from the house, so altitude isn’t in my worry list. I’m probably wrong but it seems like it would take a significant change in altitude to see a big difference in the way the bike runs. Idk

How does it ride, is it "streetable" ? Would or could you say it is comparable to a 12 with the money spent or do you prefer the stroke or engine of a 984 built? Meaning you probably could have sold the 9 and got a 12 with the extra mod money, I think. Just curious, I feel after everything I've read it's kinda split down the middle with was the juice worth the squeeze with dollars to gains. I think it's awesome though and hope it works out. Kudos!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast