Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine build

I had almost this exact setup before. That setup was 1050 kit, stage 1 heads, xb12 throttle body, xb12 header, carbon jardine, open air box, dual wide bands. I do not have the dyno chart. It did dyno at 93hp 82tq to the tire. I know without proof it’s hearsay. However that being said, this setup adds stage 2 heads and cat 3 cams. I would expect to see 100hp to the tire if not more. Doubt I’d get out of the 80s on torque. Never know. It’s very streetable. The cams are very mild. Runs like stock. Till you twist the throttle. Also added the 04 up belt upgrade with a Baker aluminum trans pulley and a lightened front sprocket. This complete setup feels significantly faster than the previous one. I’m stoked so far. Also. Im a 9 guy. Gotta have the revs. 😉

Nothing like the sound of a Harley air cooled v-twin singing at 8k rpms. Sorry. Gettin a chub☺️

That’s awesome, I feel like I hear better results with the 9 beefed up rather than the 12, of course this is only my personal findings and not fact so excuse me if the statement comes off ignorant. I’d love to see a video and hear it if you ever get the chance, even though videos usually don’t do the sound justice I still think it would be cool. Thanks for sharing Mike and again, great work! ����

I was just looking at whats out there for 9's. Can the bottom end take the higher revs? I'm curious for a dyno sheet as well. Congrats and nice bike.

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    I was just looking at whats out there for 9's. Can the bottom end take the higher revs? I'm curious for a dyno sheet as well. Congrats and nice bike.
    Its not so much the strength of the bottom end. Its because the 9 has a shorter stroke so by default it can rev higher. The 12 is 3.5x3.8 and the 9 is 3.5x3.1.

Got the break in done. Changed oil and took it out. First time I got the rpms to 6500 something terrible happened. Very very loud top end noise. Got it back home. Pulled the motor and tore it down. The valve seat on the rear intake valve is broken. Fml. I’ll post some pics tonight

Dan Dunn from NRHS is a standup guy. I’ve been a customer of his for a few years. Once we figured out what happened the first thing he said was “How can I make this rite”. I’m meeting him in Chicago in a couple weeks to take him the motor so he can rebuild it. My season is over looks like.

Bummer about your luck but good to hear they are working with you. Interested to see the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Dan Dunn from NRHS is a standup guy. I’ve been a customer of his for a few years. Once we figured out what happened the first thing he said was “How can I make this rite”. I’m meeting him in Chicago in a couple weeks to take him the motor so he can rebuild it. My season is over looks like.
    Sorry to hear about your bike. I really wanted to hear how that 1050 kit worked out.

Dan is the man. I cant say enough good things about him. Youre in good hands!

34nineteen

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast