Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine build

I’ve seen that spray paint can. The colors seemed very limited, and I’d imagine no hardener is used. I tried to use one befor to spray a basic black and was not impressed.

Kal-Gard made an engine case paint. Very durable. http://www.kal-gard.co.za/coatings/i...l#page-content
    Last edited by outthere; 04-08-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I’ve seen that spray paint can. The colors seemed very limited, and I’d imagine no hardener is used. I tried to use one befor to spray a basic black and was not impressed.
    The Finishmaster one? Ya, theres a hardener in it that you mix right before you spray. They make the cans at the store to whatever spec you want.

It thought it was the reducer in the "bottom can". The place I went just had premix... but I didn't bother to ask about colors as I was looking for black anyhow. Thats a great price for a can, as sometimes the hardener/catalyst is more expensive than the damn paint.

Found a finishmaster 20 miles away. Gonna check it out. Thanks for the replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    It thought it was the reducer in the "bottom can". The place I went just had premix... but I didn't bother to ask about colors as I was looking for black anyhow. Thats a great price for a can, as sometimes the hardener/catalyst is more expensive than the damn paint.
    I ASSume the paint and reducer are mixed in the can and the 'bottom' can has the hardener? Thats why you gotta use it within 24 hrs after activating it. Bubbles painted her Blast with it and its been very durable and gas resistant, especially for a matte finish! I know regular spray paint would have melted by now.

7568B154-6416-47CB-9556-0E5678B5BF0A.jpg

Yeah, that’s why I went that route too. I wanted something chemical resistant and I only had a small area to do.

I’d figure the hardened would kick over faster than 24 hours when mixed with the paint/reducer. Where’s Bagger? He’d probably know.

Another specialty paint I had a horrible experience in is that caliper paint. I think it was Duplicolor 2 part. Suck-ola.

Maybe it needs to be catalized with oxygen? BB would know for sure, he's the pro in a sea of paint nincompoops (raises hand)

34:19, red calipers on the Fit? #realracecarz#Honduhferlyfe #nohubcaps #kazoopipessavelifes #2F2F #VinDieselfanclub #naaaws #nincompoop #Tigerking

Got the heads back. Dan had Chad Hart from Xl/Xb horsepower rebuild them. Port and polish, 7 mm stainless valves 1.840/1.615, beehive springs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Maybe it needs to be catalized with oxygen? BB would know for sure, he's the pro in a sea of paint nincompoops (raises hand)

34:19, red calipers on the Fit? #realracecarz#Honduhferlyfe #nohubcaps #kazoopipessavelifes #2F2F #VinDieselfanclub #naaaws #nincompoop #Tigerking

Haha. No, I tried to paint the calipers on my SV650. The calipers came out so bad, they went into the trash to be replaced by a set of Tokico 4 piston units.... courtesy of SV Racing Parts caliper adapters. It probably would have been better on a car application where they are hidden by a wheel.

#sv650love #artsandcrafts #needmorebeer #whereislunaticfringe #ebrsareslow #needmoarseafoam

except for the Honduhferlyfe, you got all the hashtags right for me.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast