Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chain conversion kit

chain conversion kit

Hey all! new here... Here is my problem: I own a 2010 xb12scg, i want to be able to ride it on the street but want to drag race it on the weekends. I'm currently making an extended swingarm for it with a one of set of headhusts. I want to change the original belt drive to a chain drive... looks like there are no more kits anywhere. I'm also looking at a 1250 big bore kit with cams, should i be looking for a bigger throttle body or is the original one big enough? Can somebody help me with my winter project? Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by Jean-Luc; 08-29-2019 at 04:36 AM.

You’ll probably just want to ask NHRS or Hammer Performance for advice with your engine build, they will help put one together for you and or at least let you know what your best options are. I can’t remember where I saw a chain conversion kit for XB’s recently, think it was a European( not 100% maybe American) company and it was astronomically expensive, like $1400 or something but it was over a grand. I get the extended swing arm but if you’re only trying to tune up to a 1250/1275 and still want it to be streetable, is it worth it to compromise one of the strongest attributes of this bike to gain 1/2 second? Or is this also about esthetic’s and just want that look? If it’s all about a strait line and you’re customizing ( I think) a swing arm why not get something already set up for Cush drive along with a wider tire? I also read someone using the Ducati Cush drive system and implementing on an Buell, forget if it was an XB or tuber. Anyway good luck with the build and pics please.

You can still do-it-yourself chain convert a XB very cheaply with a quick search on here. Even without the cush drive. Heck, even I have done it a few times over the years without issue.

Hammer is the go-to for Buell engine mods, their 1275 kit is awesome!

Hope it's an 1/8 mile track

Dan at NRHS is my go to guy. He will sell you what you want and is very responsive and helpful with issues.

Hammer has yet to return any of my emails since my first one.

I bought my 1250 kits with cams from NRHS from Dan's advice and have been thrilled with his advice... and the price was spot on! He has been an awesome person to deal with.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-29-2019 at 10:18 PM.

I have a conversion kit, unused you can have. Let's make a deal.

Picked up an XB12 recently to use as the bones of a custom bike project. Really want to do a chain conversion, been searching and searching for part numbers of the various parts. I think I understand #530 to be the same thing as #50 industrial chain. That means you can use any number of industrial #50 idler sprockets. Just need to design and machine an idler adjuster arm. The thing I haven't been able to nail down with 100% certainty is the exact part numbers for the front and rear sprockets. Does the front sprocket require a spacer, different nut? And so on.

It would be awesome if someone that has done this recently could share some part numbers as most of the data available on this forum is very very old.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruphobia View Post
    Picked up an XB12 recently to use as the bones of a custom bike project. Really want to do a chain conversion, been searching and searching for part numbers of the various parts. I think I understand #530 to be the same thing as #50 industrial chain. That means you can use any number of industrial #50 idler sprockets. Just need to design and machine an idler adjuster arm. The thing I haven't been able to nail down with 100% certainty is the exact part numbers for the front and rear sprockets. Does the front sprocket require a spacer, different nut? And so on.

It would be awesome if someone that has done this recently could share some part numbers as most of the data available on this forum is very very old.

Does the front sprocket require a spacer
    YES

different nut?
    NO

It would be awesome if someone that has done this recently could share some part numbers

V-twin catalog/parts 19 series. part # depends on front sprocket tooth count you choose.
    Vortex catalog for rear sprocket. again....part # depends on tooth count you choose.

here for clear, concise accurate easy reading-------https://advrider.com/f/threads/how-i-did-my-buell-uly-chain-conversion.642293/

Outthere, Do You still have that conversion kit? If so, how much and what parts specifically does it include?
    Thanks in advance,
    Tank
    Tankthecarman@gmail.com is the best way to get in touch with me.

Now that there's a real possibility that belts will become unobtainable in the not so far future while I'm still able to swing a leg over the seat, I'm going to hang on to it. Baker Transmission carries a kit.

I was wrong about the Baker conversion. Only fits tube framed models.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast