Thread: XB 12 SS 2009 European Stock EEPROM

Banned

XB 12 SS 2009 European Stock EEPROM

Hi Guys,

after a bit of time that I'm trying to get in Buell ECM world, mainly to trying to improve my knowledge on my Bike, I could not yet make sure about if my EEPROM is stock or not. (I bought my Bike used)
    I just discover with tunerpro that my EEPROM 'Calibration ID' value is 255.
    According tohttp://ecmspy.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?ecm=50&offset=5 when this value is over 100 ECM should be not stock, but P&A so Race or ProSeries.
    In fact my stock Bike, looking at EGO/AFV datalog seems to be a lot on the rich side.
    So I am quite confused and doubtful ; can anybody tell me something about that?
    Is there a way to be sure if my EEPROM is stock or not?

Thanks a lot

A tuner can put whatever they want in the Calibration ID box but I agree it's not stock, especially if the WB O2 data is showing rich.
    EGO and AFV only show what the ECM is doing to compensate to get to its target values, not a rich or lean condition.

IMO, If it runs well, save that tune before you try to learn tuning on it.

Banned
    Hi Cooter,

as always you are very kind to give me your attention.

A tuner can put whatever they want in the Calibration ID box
    yes right, but if correct European Buell 'Calibration ID' must be, let's say 75, and you find 255 it must mean that we are talking about either a P&A calibration or somebody changed at least that value. Can we think we are definitely not fully with original set up?

EGO and AFV only show what the ECM is doing to compensate to get to its target values, not a rich or lean condition.
    very correct, but if our targets AFR are right and EGO is always low it must mean that 'Fuel maps', not the Bike itself (you right), are settled too rich. So is something not stock...?
    By the way, using tunerpro, I could not find yet any map specifying targets AFR... anybody any idea where I should go to find it?
    Anyway stock Bikes use in closed loop NB O2 so I think the only target EGO can aim is 14.7. Am I correct?
    If I post my Fuel maps, can anybody sure to have the right stock EEPROM for my bike tell me if they look the same?

IMO, If it runs well, save that tune before you try to learn tuning on it.
    I'll keep it well in mind.

Thanks everybody willing to make me thinghs clearer

Quote Originally Posted by osvaldo View Post
    Can we think we are definitely not fully with original set up?

Yes, but who cares? If it runs well, why would you want to put a stock tune in it or change it at all?

very correct, but if our targets AFR are right and EGO is always low it must mean that 'Fuel maps', not the Bike itself (you right), are settled too rich.

Sort of. Maybe your 10 year old bike needs a little less gas to run than originally, maybe you're tuning at altitude, or any one of 1000 things making the ECM compensate properly. EGO and AFV won't stay at 100 perfectly. They aren't supposed too. They are the adjustments the ECM uses to make the engine run the best it can.

By the way, using tunerpro, I could not find yet any map specifying targets AFR... anybody any idea where I should go to find it?

I don't know TunerPro. You put the AFR targets you want in MLV to have it produce the resulting map you want.

Anyway stock Bikes use in closed loop NB O2 so I think the only target EGO can aim is 14.7. Am I correct?

You can change the NB O2 voltages the ECM uses to change the point where it switches, if thats what you're asking? But you do want stoic at part throttle/cruise, anything else is a wasteful old wives tale. You can change AFR targets to modify the map for OL to get more gas when you really need it

If I post my Fuel maps, can anybody sure to have the right stock EEPROM for my bike tell me if they look the same?

There's so many different 'stock' tunes...
    You do have a grip on what 'tuning' does, glad you're having fun with it But seriously, if it ain't broke....