Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New guy with ‘07 Ulysses

This may or may not help another member with K&N air filter that is concerned with dusty conditions off road......

I’m not a fan of K&N, but my bike came with a brand new one and purchasing a new stock Buell filter is out of reach for now since I’ve spent quite a bit getting my “new” old bike back up to snuff. So, I had no idea that K&N made an oiled foam pre filter until I started Googling for a solution. I found these.....

https://www.amazon.com/25-3900-Oiled...gateway&sr=8-1

Thinking about trying one out. Cheaper than a stock paper filter. I know it will kill the “added airflow” that the K&N is known for, but I’m still running the stock ecm map and stock exhaust can, so I’m only running leaner with a K&N.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I'm deciding on tires for my "little ully" now, I do go on the roads a lot so it's difficult to decide. The 805/804 Shinko's would be the choice but, they don't make them in our size so, it looks like it will end up being a mix of two different mfgs or model tires.
    NJloco,
    For what it’s worth, I’m really digging the TKC80’s on this bike. I live in Western NC, so I don’t have any straight roads, and I’m finding the Conti’s handle great on aspault mtn twisties on the Uly. Superb on gravel. Haven’t gotten into any mud yet, it’s dry here.

Only downside I see to the TKC80 is a relatively short lifespan on the rear. I’m not so much worried about that, I change my own tires on a rim clamp machine in my shop. Rocky Mountain ATV has them in our sizes cheaper than most places. The price on these have certainly gone down over the years.

Wanted to ask you guys that have more experience with these bikes and the ecm protection needed, if this bracket looks like it’ll work?? I tried to fit the ecm between the battery and fuse box, but there really wasn’t enough room. I hacked up this KTM license plate bracket I had lying around and made this.....

E74CA5AF-95E8-46E2-848D-864B27D2BC5F.jpgE2839CAB-7114-4543-A762-09937D421333.jpg797458FE-B2D3-45FB-88C1-68EE167614EB.jpg

Looks a little ratty, but certainly should clearance the seat off the ecm?

NJ: I have an extra set of wheels like all the coolest kids do I but the RP5's on for any trip over 1000 miles And they're surprisingly good on flat fire roads! NOT SAND Who knew? Duh.

Brando, that pre-filter is a good idea for all the dirt riding you do and they are super easy to clean, while relieving the base filter of some dust duty Just adding a K&N won't 'lean out' the bike, it is well within the ECM adjustment ability. An engine is a big air pump. You need total flow through the whole thing to increase the need for more fuel, like adding an exhaust. That ECM bracket is hack-tastic LOL, but looks good to me

Hack-tastic!!

Stella looks naked !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123