Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 XB12Scg high idle when in gear.

Thats awesome Ggeezer, happy you got the bike back on the road safely

If you'd prefer an .pdf version of the electrical manual, you can get it and the whole service manual for free from Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com

Banned
    Hi Ggeezer,

happy to hear it went well and you got a better understanding about your Bike.
    About the manuals as I told, you will not get full understanding of all the details* (industrial needs to keep them secret) but it will be infinitely better than haven't got them.
    Even more if one, just as me, is relatively new to EFI systems.
    It seems that where it has been indicated it is not there any stuff straight for MsY 2010, but even if it is maybe true, you can try ask them by mail.
    If it's not a bit late.
    About v or w, that's does not matter at all.

Best regards

Osvaldo

* If anybody has seen the old style Caterpillar manuals, he knows what I am talking about

Just an FYI, I downloaded the 2008 electrical manual and it looks to significantly different then what I need for my bike. First thing that caught my eye was that a 2008 only has one O2 sensor while a 2010 has 2. Probably more differences than that but that right there is a show stopper.

Banned
    Yes, your right, the best way is to get the one for your Bike.
    In any case keep in mind that ECM itself is the same (DDFI 3), what changes is the software installed (FIRMWARE-EEPROM) built to be able to deal with the second O2 sensor, in the front header.
    Aside of that I suppose there are not anymore major differences.
    I'm trying to say that while you wait for the right one, if you give it a look it will give you a good overview on the electronic management system.
    Unluckily just the basic; for the rest I'm having really hard time trying to gather around the info I would like to have.
    Anyway every day I find something.

Good readings.
    Last edited by osvaldo; 09-13-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Ggeezer, Ya there were differences besides the front O2, but honestly not many Basic wire tracing and such can still be done and the colors should be right, but you can't take the map so literal if you use one from a different year. Grain of salt applies

osvaldo: I know you are excited to learn about your new Buell and you love to post every little new thing you figure out. But please don't give out your young advise like its a fact.

"Firmware" is simply the structure the program is built on, not the program itself. Adding a front O2 on ANY 2008-up Buell (Uly, XB-S, XB-R, 1125) is as easy as checking the "Enable front O2" box in ECMDroid. No need to wipe the ECM firmware.

Banned
    Hi Ggeezer,

excuse me to probably go a bit OT (hope not fully), but it seems something is always pushing me that way.
    Anyway all of us can perhaps get some improvement from that friendly discussion as well.

Hi Cooter,

just FYI, that's the way I like, useful info almost clean of useless jokes.
    But of course, that's just me.

Adding a front O2 on ANY 2008-up Buell (Uly, XB-S, XB-R, 1125) is as easy as checking the "Enable front O2" box in ECMDroid.
    If you 'save' it I would call it modify the EEPROM.(maybe wrong?)

No need to wipe the ECM firmware.
    As far as O2 double sensor itself only, that's true. Who was talking different about that? Just yourself.

You probably misunderstood what I was trying to say, maybe do my poor English (my fault).
    On the other side it's quite clear you love to post every new little think you believe can foolish me. Please don't do it, you will be mainly wrong and foolish instead yourself, as for the link you posted.
    I've got my manuals from there, and I was aware that what needed in this case is not there, so I did not post them and I hoped somebody else could give a right link: late (busy joking somewhere else?), you stated those as a matter of fact...but wrongly, one more time.
    That said, I am fully sure you are an helpful knowledge guy, but just when you are serious. (let's say half of your posts?)
    Of course as everybody else I can once in while go wrong (rarely) but I am a sort of guy that when he isn't sure on what is saying use to clearly specify that.
    As a matter of fact there are more than one firmware that support second O2, and on MY 2010 can be different of those installed on MY 2008.
    And, as a matter of fact, if you change the Firmware is because you want to change something on the bike somewhere.
    So, maybe, 2010 manuals can be different from 2008 manuals, and fully refer to them for MY 2010 when the right one is available, it is a stupid way.
    Just that, nobody was talking about any other needs.

^^^ O'boy here we go again!!!! Good luck Cooter!!
    Last edited by rchuff; 09-14-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Did the teabag move to Europe ?

Njloco I was wondering the same.

Silly wrabbit. Down he goes!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast