Thread: XB12r loses gas every four days

XB12r loses gas every four days

If I let my bike sit for longer than a few days I lose quite a bit of gas. I have not smelled gas in my garage or seen a puddle or leak. I did see the overfill line bubbling a little bit after my ride, so I put an allen wrench in it to seal it off and that didn't work either. I could literally fill up my tank, ride for a few hours at non highway speeds and park my bike for a few days and will have only enough gas to get me about 10 miles before my gas light comes on again. When I took my bike to the mechanic to have an oil change, I let him know and he did not smell any gas in the oil.

Does anyone else have an idea of what could be causing my bike to leak gas?

Thanks

Take the allen wrench out of that overflow line immediately.

Count exactly how many miles are on the bike every time you fill up and make a note of exactly how much gas you put in it every time. Do that 3 times and post up here

That will tell if theres a real problem or someones helping themselves to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Take the allen wrench out of that overflow line immediately.

Count exactly how many miles are on the bike every time you fill up and make a note of exactly how much gas you put in it every time. Do that 3 times and post up here

That will tell if theres a real problem or someones helping themselves to it.
    I only left the allen wrench in the line while it sat in the garage over night. I found out that there is a gas line leak and will have to take my bike in to be serviced.

Thanks for your reply.

With no liquid and no smell!? Wow. Glad it got found, hope you're back on the road soon

Looks like Ricky is taking a page from Lunatics mantra of self-deleting