Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAP/Baro sensor on XB Mod help

Boom. Ya see that npetra? Just what you need

Great Gunter
    Now I need just the AMP pin to connect properly to ecm.
    Somebody have a couple of pin to sell ?
    Anyway, Many thanks to all.
    I will keep you posted....
    Last edited by npetra; 09-11-2019 at 07:50 PM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-10pc-Ty...kAAOSw1~Nctnv4

But honestly getting the whole deutch kit comes in very handy.

Yeah, I have the Baro option on my 2006 Uly with the single one wire cheap O2 sensor, haven't had a whole lot of elevation changes to test it but I like the idea of it over the slow O2 or altering the entire fuel map.

The stock ECM will only read a narrow band (one wire) O2 sensor. Even if you put in a Wide Band O2, it will have to use the NB emulator to have the ECM read it to get to Closed Loop. The ECM only knows lean/rich, not how much lean or rich.

The O2 sensor gets read several times a second, so if you need faster adjustments for elevation changes, you're probably falling off a cliff, LOL. Seriously hope that not the case Haha

Not ironically, the Baro option is a complete global map change modifier. A simple more pressure/enrichen calculation.

jesus

Hello, been a while since I have been on the forum being my Buell has been running great since I installed the IDS ECM, air cleaner, custom exhaust, and EJK piggyback tuner. However, I live in Southern California and notice a big drop in Horsepower when hitting altitudes. My other bikes that have Baro sensors compensate much better in altitudes than my Buell and when switching with some of my buddies with adventure bikes of all walks of life, I confirmed it in altitudes (recent trip to Death Valley). I have a couple questions-1st Question- When talking to IDS they said that the ECM is locked and they can only make changes-When I emailed buelltooth they said its not true and can be changed-Is this true?. 2nd Question-Buell tooth offers the Baro Sensor kit that includes an EEPROM file change through the exhaust valve connector as my 2008 Ulysses did not come with it stock-has anybody used this kit?. 3rd Question-I want to get the kit and download the file needed to make this change. However, If I can download the proper file for the Baro Sensor and download a base tune file I would like to eliminate the piggyback system so its all running through the ECM. My question is that I do not have a Droid phone so can I get the hardwire cord and work everything through my laptop. Furthermore, Is there a phone # for somebody at Buelltooth as I would like to have a direct contact while doing the download if there is complications? Apologize for the long winded question! Please help...Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by mpkopish View Post
    Hello, been a while since I have been on the forum being my Buell has been running great since I installed the IDS ECM, air cleaner, custom exhaust, and EJK piggyback tuner. However, I live in Southern California and notice a big drop in Horsepower when hitting altitudes. My other bikes that have Baro sensors compensate much better in altitudes than my Buell and when switching with some of my buddies with adventure bikes of all walks of life, I confirmed it in altitudes (recent trip to Death Valley). I have a couple questions-1st Question- When talking to IDS they said that the ECM is locked and they can only make changes-When I emailed buelltooth they said its not true and can be changed-Is this true?. 2nd Question-Buell tooth offers the Baro Sensor kit that includes an EEPROM file change through the exhaust valve connector as my 2008 Ulysses did not come with it stock-has anybody used this kit?. 3rd Question-I want to get the kit and download the file needed to make this change. However, If I can download the proper file for the Baro Sensor and download a base tune file I would like to eliminate the piggyback system so its all running through the ECM. My question is that I do not have a Droid phone so can I get the hardwire cord and work everything through my laptop. Furthermore, Is there a phone # for somebody at Buelltooth as I would like to have a direct contact while doing the download if there is complications? Apologize for the long winded question! Please help...Thanks,
    You could always send him a message on his website and ask him directly. I do not think he hangs out here.

Any insight on the other questions?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast