Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just added a Ully to the garage

I love my Uly, it’s my 9to5 ride. I purposely keep the stock exhaust because I’m old and an aftermarket exhaust droning away at 80mph for hours at a time isn’t appealing to me. My more playful bikes have aftermarket exhaust.
    The factory exhaust with the exhaust servo does a fine job. Also makes a great crash plate. :-) With the exception of looking like a 5 year old welded it and it weighing about 247lbs I’m happy enough.
    A friend has a dual exhaust D&D on his X12S - sounds amazing, but ear plugs are a must.

It's too loud, your not listening to rock and roll, I like that they hear me coming and going. Hopefully mine is loud enough to get there attention away from their cell phones long enough for me to get pass them unscathed, If it's too loud, your too old, especially when it comes to rock and roll, naturally, I'm just kidding. I might have to quiet down the SS now that I finally bought a communication set up.

Just as with Rock and Roll, theres a difference between Motörhead and Muse A well packed Drummer is a deep mellow tone I like a lot. I've been playing with the idea of an empty stock can with enough bracing to put a jack on, pretty much a Buell Race muffler copy

What comms did you get NJ? I can use my Sena 20S at 80MPH with my loud ass cone muffler and people don't even know I'm on a bike!

Thanks Pushr0d. I'm still trying to get the notifications setings right!

I’m a firm believer in loud pipes saves lives, my streetrod was my first bike in years with stock pipes. Never been cut off and pulled out in front of so many times in my life. On most bikes the weight savings alone warrant aftermarket cans at a minimum. I enjoy a nice rumble, I was out on my X1 last night with a vance&hines can. Really helps get the blood flowing. Some days I enjoy billy joel and other days it’s death speed metal!

I do feel like a sell out when 9 times out of 10 I hop on the Uly to go out. Windscreen, upright seating position, heated grips, lap of luxury. The fact I can drag the pegs with luggage is also a perk. I love sport bikes and clipon bars but I’m too old. I’m not dead, but I’m not 18.

Quote Originally Posted by joeharley View Post
    Thanks Pushr0d. I'm still trying to get the notifications setings right!
    Joe, I feel your pain! I can't figure out how to attach a photo to a PM! Look at the 'Aftermarket Parts' thread at the top of the page.

Pr

Cooter, I decided on the Cardo pack talk bold, the write ups were very high and, they come with JBL speakers !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Cooter, I decided on the Cardo pack talk bold, the write ups were very high and, they come with JBL speakers !
    Nice! That "Net" capability is supposed to be a game changer for comms for distance and groups. I wish all the mfg's could put down their swords long enough to work together. Grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    You’ll love the Packtalk Bold. Wife and I use those, but didn’t get the JBL’s with ours since they weren’t offered at first. They should rock with the JBL’s! The voice commands are pretty sweet but take some getting used to to remember what they are, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12