Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just added a Ully to the garage

Just added a Ully to the garage

Hello all. Today I made a deal on a low mileage 2009 Ully. Bike is in good shape and I am looking forward to miles of enjoyment. Since parts are not ready available I'm asking for some supply contacts.
    Looking for wheel bearings. Exhaust valve actuator. Also plan to change the original muffler so I am looking for companies or any member that might have a spare muffler they would be looking to sell. Looking for suggestions for getting more air in the intake such as the K& N kit I have read about here. Looking for a supplier you members would have dealt with. I have noticed that posts from a couple of years ago with links, that the business is no longer around or the link doesn't work. Though the front motor isolator looks good does anyone have a contact for new parts?
    I intend to get a buelltooth dongle and ECMspy app to adjust or remap for changes.
    I appreciate any feed back.
    A shout out to Lunatic Fringe for his input when I originally posted here looking for a fellow rider that would be crazy enough to allow me to rider their bike! Your posts and advice were greatly appreciated
    Joe

Inactive
    happy for you Joe and also, thanks for the kind words. i have most or all of the parts in stock that you mentioned and will get you fixed up. still have your # so i'll ring you up. i've been "censured" and placed on double-secret probation by hall monitor Ballsack84 so must keep this short.

Oh no! Not double-secret probation. I hope it ends soon. These place gets boring if you cant have a little fun.

Congrats on the new bike! Don't worry parts are easy to get
    Post pics of your ride! We love pics here
    Lunatic will hook you up, so you're in good hands there
    Why get a IEV if your getting a new pipe? Buelltooth.com also has very inexpensive stainless systems if thats your thing.
    E-bay is a great resource for cheap/used stuff, SPHDonline.com, and Newcastle HD are great of OE parts if Lunatic doesn't have them, Bearings are 6005-2RS and 6006-2RS, not Buell specific, pick a brand you like, and a K&N filter? I would get from... K&N? LOL

and X2 on the fun, release the Lunatic!!

Congrats! I just brought one home last weekend as well. Fun bike to bring back into spec. I was a little concerned about parts availability at first, but as Cooter says, everything seems relatively easy to get ahold of. Great bunch of guys here on this forum, they’ve tolerated and answered my multitude of inquiries.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I was expecting an email alert that my post was responded to.I will post pics once it's back together and off the lift. Cooter, I am not replacing the IEV. I plan on getting the Buelltooth and taking the valve out of the equation. I appreciate your list of resources. I already found a donor muffler on craigslist to send to Randy to alter. My original muffler looks brand new as the bike has only 1200 miles on it! I'll look at the stainless systems but I am thinking of a hawk muffler[ I want to keep the chin fairing] with the K and N filter that's on its way as well as an new map to the ECM.
    Joe

joeharley, I have a 'SpecOps' muffler that I'm selling - look for the thread (in aftermarket parts). It'll wake the neighborhood if you pull the baffles out!

pr
    Last edited by Pushr0d; 09-12-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Pushr0d. I checked it out. I wasn't intending to keep the exhaust valve in though. Can you send a pic of the dented area?

Sure - PM me your email address.

I just added a photo to the 'Parts' thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast