Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flags 0 to 6 in MLV

Banned
    Which one was your point?
    To have fun?
    To tell me that if it is not broken I should let that alone?

Off course once in a while I like too to have fun, but usually I choose different matters.
    But as well off course, anyone has its own way.
    I will keep it in mind.

Banned
    Hi Ready,

I like a lot your way to answer, much, much more helpful than other; thank you.

A different way for you to learn about the various config settings and live data is to look at the Tunerpro RT v5 .xdf and .adx files for Buell:
    http://tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm#Buell

Just open with a text editor. Within a short time you can become familiar with the file format and then see how the ECM settings/runtime data are broken down.
    I did not know at all this way; it look a bit overwhelming, but I will do my best to get out infos.

BUE2D-V5.jpg

Sorry, I don't quite follow the wording here. The same flags parameters that you can add to an MLV log view are shown on the ecmspy link I shared. Could you rephrase?
    Yes, off course, and excuse me to have not been clearer.
    It can be just because I'm not able to understand it, but if I look at this and the others:

Flags.jpg

I'm not able to correlate them with what is changing in engine management when the showed below flags values change.

MLV.jpg

That was the meaning of my original question.
    Honestly there are more values, let say 30% of the total, that are not yet fully clear to me, but I thought flags were enough for the moment.

It must be very clear that everybody that can't or don't want take care of what I often talk about, have my full respect.
    Off course as far as they do not send unmotivated unpleasant answers.

Thanks again

Osvaldo
    Last edited by osvaldo; 09-12-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by osvaldo View Post
    I did not know at all this way; it look a bit overwhelming, but I will do my best to get out infos.
    That particular ADX file uses Linux end-of-line markers. Windows and Linux use different markers to indicate new lines (EOL). Windows = CR/LF, Linux = LF. Windows notepad doesn't properly interpret Linux EOL markers, so it just shows the text in one long string. Look for Notepad++; the formatting should be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by osvaldo View Post
    I'm not able to correlate them with what is changing in engine management when the showed below flags values change.
    Each flag holds eight different logic state settings in bitfields. If you try to examine an entire flag byte in MLV, it would be confusing.
    MLV supports creating custom fields from existing data fields. Do this for any flag bits you are interested in.
    For example, I have a custom field called "ClosedLoopLearn" with formula "[Flags2]&16", another named "ClosedLoop" with formula "[Flags2]&128", etc. Then add them to your graph view.

Banned
    That particular ADX file uses Linux end-of-line markers. Windows and Linux use different markers to indicate new lines (EOL). Windows = CR/LF, Linux = LF. Windows notepad doesn't properly interpret Linux EOL markers, so it just shows the text in one long string. Look for Notepad++; the formatting should be better.
    Thanks, you look as a truly IT guy!

Each flag holds eight different logic state settings in bitfields. If you try to examine an entire flag byte in MLV, it would be confusing.
    MLV supports creating custom fields from existing data fields. Do this for any flag bits you are interested in.
    For example, I have a custom field called "ClosedLoopLearn" with formula "[Flags2]&16", another named "ClosedLoop" with formula "[Flags2]&128", etc. Then add them to your graph view.
    A bit forward than where I am now, but it will help me a lot in a close future; thanks again.

Osvaldo

P.S.

Just to have a better general undestanding:

I have a currently unmanageable amount of logs, spreadsheets, notes, emails, etc. growing over time for ddfi.
    Do you mean aside of the forum... in your private live?

Last edited by osvaldo; 09-12-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12