Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Idle hands...

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    Anymore details on that break out box?
    It's like a pass through. Instead of probing wires or back probing connectors the box is connected between the wiring harness and the ECU. So to test various functions you connect your VOM to various numbered receptacles per the shop manual. Cost me about $60 +/- to make.

Quote Originally Posted by dantroop View Post
    It's like a pass through. Instead of probing wires or back probing connectors the box is connected between the wiring harness and the ECU. So to test various functions you connect your VOM to various numbered receptacles per the shop manual. Cost me about $60 +/- to make.
    A detailed write up on this would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Is the rhythm guitar guy "Lil' ED"? haha. Man I love the Blues. Spent a long summer on the Mississippi river just outside of Memphis. I would ride in and go listen to the BEST blues is the world, every night Ahh memories....

The hook on the wall isn't quite up to the task for the helmet and jacket, so I've been looking for a neat coat rack with no luck. Today my shoulder hit the SX bars on the shelf and my brain actually was working at the time.

Spare EBR parts + 2" 304 brushed stainless exhaust tube + chopped up aluminum diamond plate shelf + some bolts =

Voila:
    Attachment 12482
    Attachment 12483

Someone much cooler than me should have this, but I like it! Theres enough extra parts to make a XBS one too! Heck, maybe I'll turn it into a 55w LED lamp
    What jacket is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    A detailed write up on this would be pretty awesome.
    This is where I got the info on how to make it. https://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/i...out-box.19295/ I think some of it is dated (radio shack is no longer in business etc). There are a couple of electronic surplus stores in San Jose. I got the mini jacks there (didn't use banana jacks). I can get more detailed with the build if requested. I don't have the shop manual here to show the various trouble shooting flow chart.

Ah. Those are one of those things that you dont use often but thankful when you need it.

I see the vid at work, is that electroboom? I like his channel.

The box on the bottom is a tesla lighter, or arc lighter. That puts around 3Kv. The combination of caps and diodes multiply the voltage. It makes you dance when you touch it. I like lightning and the smell of ozone...
    Red wires are high voltage rated, like mini spark plug wires. Those feed the tower from the bottom. the top load, copper pipe, is connected to the last stage and the 'slide' is connected to the beginning and is just the return. Lighter is usb rechargeable.
    Gotta build a tesla coil one day. Check out singing tesla coils on youtube.
    Circuit is a basic Voltage multiplier
    I've made these before but I saw Jay's style of building on youtube Plasma Channel so I copied it, never thought about using those lighters.....wonder what else I could use them for.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (84.0 KB, 6 views)

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    What jacket is that?
    It's a Scorpion 1909. I got from Revzilla. Never tried that brand before that but I am highly impressed! Fully armored once I added a back pad, really nice vented perf sleeves, and zip-in liner I rarely need. It earned a spot as my daily go to. Very comfortable and always has a ton of bugs on the chest

I think both jackets are cute !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I think both jackets are cute !
    Cute ????? cute is not a choice word for this board, Sorry njloco

Hahaha, this is all so funny

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast