Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member intro

New member intro

Good morning all,
    I just wanted to say hello and drop a quick intro to the group. Sorry if I’m in the wrong place but didn’t see an intro thread.
    I have been riding for around 40 years and love all things involving motorcycles. I currently own a very nice survivor ‘72 Honda CB750K2 and an ‘18 Yamaha MT09. Really love riding the street fighter type bikes, they are a blast!
    I have been interested in Buell for a long time and I am looking towards getting one in the near future. I really like the XB12S Lighting models and am focusing on finding a good example to purchase. Looking forward to learning from the group here. I am a member on the Honda SOHC forum and it has been an invaluable resource for anything I need on the K2.
    Anyway, that’s my story. Thanks .

Nice to meet you and thanks for the intro!

You’ll find lots of fans of naked bikes here, and lots of info with some good-natured ribbing. XBS come in many shapes and sizes. You can easily find one that fits you if you are small to tall

The MT is a great bike. So is the K-2! Post some baby pics, we like pics...

Thanks, I’ll post some pics as soon as I get a chance. I am trying to post attachments but for some reason I am getting blocked.

Ok, so here's a couple of pics of my current bikes, plus a "blast from the past". That's me in 1987 with my shiny new Yamaha FZR1000., a great bike! Ah, to be young again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That FZ really takes me back! My roommate who was a motorcycle courier at the time had a White/Blue '87 FZ700 (one year bike) he bought brand new and NEVER RODE IT Just took it apart and cleaned the white wheels all the time The beater work Yamaha had over 200k on it!

I still have a soft spot for the mid-80's birth of the full fairing sport bikes I was a Kawi guy at the time ('86 Ninja 1000R), but them ugly GSXR's were so fast... they got pretty, real quick! Steel frames, bias tires, gas gauges, those were the days! Still have my homemade 4 carb mercury sync tool somewhere

For your enjoyment, posted just a couple days ago!
    v=ndl1wNvSyKg
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-27-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Yes, I remember those days fondly. I bought that FZR in North Carolina when I was in the service. One of my roommates had the ‘86 slab side GSXR 750. We used to ride down to Atlantic Beach on summer weekends from Cherry Point. Great days and great memories.
    I like the K2 because it was the granddaddy of all the multi cylinder Japanese superbikes out there today. It’s fun to take it out for a ride because it always gets a reaction anywhere I go. Mostly older riders who understand the significance of its place in motorcycle history, but it also gets the interest of the young guns as well. It usually starts a conversation and that’s another great part of motorcycles, making new connections in the riding community.

Inactive
    as per Peter Egan....THE 5 most historically signifigant motorcycles that changed the landscape of production motorcycles forever

1-1957 Harley-Davidson XL Sportster. showed the world that small, light, affordable and powerful could be fun.
    2-1969 Kawasaki Mach III 500 Triple. Peformance beyond what anyone had ever envisioned possible from a production japanese motorcycle; if you were man enough to use it.
    3-1969 Honda CB750. the worlds' first "superbike". it changed the landscape forever.
    4-1972 Kawasaki Mach IV 750 Triple. To this day it remains THE most terrifying production motorcycle ever unleashed on an unsuspecting public.
    5-1986 Suzuki GSX-R 750/1100. the first race-track ready production motorcycle that heretofore had been thought impossible for a multitude of reasons. 33 years later it still holds the 24 hour endurance torture test record for speed/miles accrued/durability.

Last edited by user_deleted; 09-27-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Last edited by Silverrider; 09-27-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Hey, nice pics silverrider! That was the next big bomb to drop out of Japan, the Kawi Z1. It definitely upped the ante in the game, a trait that Kawasaki have become synonymous with (more power!!). Definitely one of my favorite bikes of all time. My brother had two of them back in the '80's and sold them off. If we knew then what we know now. Thanks for sharing those pics, they are classics.

It's been a long time now, so many have forgotten that when Honda introduced the CB750 it shocked the world. The technology was not original to Honda but it was the first time a production motorcycle had all of the features seen on the Honda "Superbike". It sounded the death knell for the British motorcycle industry at the time and once the flood gates opened it sent Harley running for cover in the form of import tariffs to protect the Motor Company's market. The rest, as they say, is history.

Here's a couple of more from those days, my friend's GSXR750 and some of the bikes that were parked at the barracks, I also included a blinged-out GSXR 1100 that I saw on a recent ride up to Kent, CT. Love this thread, it brings back lots of really great memories.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All cool pictures, brings back a lot of memories.

Welcome to the forum, there are some real cherry buells out there, keep your eyes open and be ready to pounce !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast