Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50K Shout Out

Hybrid View

50K Shout Out

So, yesterday I turned 50k miles on my 04 XB12S. I had to take a moment to send a shout out to all the members who helped me learn about her after I got her, maintenance tips, troubleshooting, tuning, suggestions, wisdom and some pretty good laughs along the way. I was going to list particular members but was sure I would leave people out who deserved kudos. So instead, thanks to everyone.

Other than a couple little quirks that I am still trying to figure out, like that darn tach bouncing around that I am still troubleshooting, she continues to be solid and still brings a smile to my face. I rarely ever see another Buell but did run across someone who followed me home this summer because he knew it was a Buell, had a Buell, and wanted to talk about Buells.

Take care of them and they will take care of you. Looking forward to the next bunch of miles and years riding (and maybe adding a Uly once my youngest finishes college, IF I can remain patient!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Happy 50K, good luck and many more happy miles!

Congratulations! I hit 50K on my Ulysses last week. Good luck.

50K,, good to hear, best of luck on the next 50 K.

Congrats! That's a great milestone. The next 50K will be even more fun

Doing 50k Maintenance this weekend. Have a new belt and steering head bearings on order and will replace next weekend. Replacing axle bearings, oil, replace and bleed brake fluid, etc. The guy in my neighborhood who has a Buell stopped by while doing maintenance. He has a blue 2009 XB9SX with about 4k miles and is thinking of selling. Hmm. Maybe.

Cooter, with your, and other's ongoing help and wisdom, hoping to get at least another 50k. Someday in the distant future after kids are all out of the house and have the $$ I want to do a complete teardown and restore. Can't imagine ever getting rid of her. She is a lot like me, has some flaws, not perfect, plenty of character, and keeps plugging away.

Out of curiosity, since we love our Buells, if not a Buell, what would you get, or have, that you enjoy as much as your Buell?

Quote Originally Posted by mriulvr View Post

Out of curiosity, since we love our Buells, if not a Buell, what would you get, or have, that you enjoy as much as your Buell?
    EBR

Congrats on the miles!!

Actually the bike I was going to get before the EBR was a Zero Motorcycles
    Dam The blackforest is new. I like that one.
    Last edited by rb70383; 10-09-2019 at 09:46 AM.

And double yes RB. That new Zero is pretty sweet looking with great specs! If I needed a commuter I'd sure be swayed that way

Ya what he said. EBR

I have been having that same 50K thought about the STT. The conclusion I came to was a Hammer 1275 kit, and a 6-speed conversion Theres really no part on these simple machines that can't be made, modded, or changed to your liking.

"has some flaws, not perfect, plenty of character, and keeps plugging away." Yup, exactly like me too brother.

Hell, whats better than a bike you built for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    "has some flaws, not perfect, plenty of character, and keeps plugging away." Yup, exactly like me too brother.
    Thats what she said...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast