Thread: My Turn

My Turn

After hemming and hawing for a year, I mentioned to my wife that I was wanting to get an EBR. She said, "Not until this one is paid off!" Two months ago I paid it off and started searching. I found a 2014 EBR 1190RX in racing red with 814 miles on it. It got delivered Monday, and of course it was lightly raining after work. Went for my first ride on it last night. Holy crap, I'm going to kill myself on this!! I'm in love though!

20191003_171004.jpg

Don't fear though, I am keeping my XB! So no I don't have any spare parts!! Vultures!

20191003_171129.jpg

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zappash View Post
    After hemming and hawing for a year, I mentioned to my wife that I was wanting to get an EBR. She said, "Not until this one is paid off!" Two months ago I paid it off and started searching. I found a 2014 EBR 1190RX in racing red with 814 miles on it. It got delivered Monday, and of course it was lightly raining after work. Went for my first ride on it last night. Holy crap, I'm going to kill myself on this!! I'm in love though!

20191003_171004.jpg

Don't fear though, I am keeping my XB! So no I don't have any spare parts!! Vultures!

20191003_171129.jpg
    Yea, the EBR is a monster compared to a XB, A XB is great to have hand when you have a EBR, What mods do you have planned for the EBR. Cooter has all the answers for the EBR mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Yea, the EBR is a monster compared to a XB, A XB is great to have hand when you have a EBR, What mods do you have planned for the EBR. Cooter has all the answers for the EBR mods.
    Cooter is already tired of me dm'ing him with questions!

I want a Dean Adams exhaust and ECM for sure. Damn sure don't need the extra hp, but "I WANT!"

The tires still have the flash on the edges of the tires, but they are the original so I will replace them with Q3's. I want to get sliders on it all around for sure. There is a list of I wants for it, but most will have to wait.

Now how do I con, I mean encourage, Dean to let me "borrow" an exhaust setup from him for a little while?

Inactive
    EBR have many problems and typical for American-made motorcycles with exception of Polaris and XR1200 which are decent but not nearly as well engineered as Suzuki Savage.
    EBR suffer from Condensation in speedometer cluster... white dust in headlight.... throttle bodies coming off of the intake tracts... comms error with speedo from bad solder joints.... coolant tank tabs break.... header cracks for no apparent reason...valve adjustments unnecessarily low mileage and impossible for home mechanic to perform. Cannot Recommend EBR.
    Honda motorcycles all superior build quality and can recommend along with Kawasaki and Suzuki motorcycles.
    BMW motorcycles the finest in the world and vastly superior to all American and Asian Hyosung motorcycles also. but BMW not affordable by board members on this forum who are the types that buy $1900 garbage from CraigsList then expect BMW quality and superiority.

TEABAG

You had me going till the end , Dam you John
    teabag004.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-04-2019 at 03:04 PM.

LF's neighbor lady that would come clean his house naked must have gone off to college. He has been short tempered and itchy lately...

Dammit. I had to check the screen name!! LMAO

Congrats on the bike.
    44T rear spocket
    secondary delete at least
    de-noid the throttle bodies
    A breather mod
    See if the cluster has been reflashed/updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    You had me going till the end , Dam you John
    teabag004.jpg
    Haha! Yeah, he had me going as well. I was at WTF by the 3rd or 4th word. LOL!

Congrats! Beautiful bike