Thread: Project Thor... Or Pegasus reborn.

Project Thor... Or Pegasus reborn.

IMG_7022.JPG Here's an interesting project I've started on (1 of 2) I am either calling it Thor or Pegasus, I'll decide later. It started with a nice stock 2001 Blast with unknown mileage as the speedo was removed but there. I picked it up for $400 CDN. I already had the rigid frame from another project but didn't like the KZ engine in it. The rims and front end are from the KZ but have since been replaced by Sportster parts and the front end is being swapped out with a swap meet springer I recently grabbed. I also have a nearly complete 2000 Engine that I found online for less than $200 shipped to my door that I'll build up over this winter most likely do a 515 kit on it and put it back into the original blast frame.

Looks like fun! Hope to see lots of progress pics

I'll be getting back to Thor in the next couple days, just getting back to feeling up to doing some work around here.

I entered a contest on eBay and won a Revolution Performance big bore kit!!! What a way to end my birthday yesterday! Now to get busy with the rest of the build!!!!

Thats so great! Congrats

Thanks Cooter, now it looks like I may have to do some extra work on the spare engine's head to take advantage of the extra volume of the cylinder. Hopefully I'll have the damn thing ready by spring!!!!

Anyone know what other shifters will work on this bike? I hate the blocky original one.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceKoukalaka View Post
    Anyone know what other shifters will work on this bike? I hate the blocky original one.
    1991-2003 inclusive XL883/1200 shift lever will fit. the caveat is that the spacer between backside of lever and primary cover must either be cut in half, or remain unused.

Thanks fringe, I was hoping someone would have an option for me