Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, who'd you beat with your xb?

So, who'd you beat with your xb?

Racing a car or a bike? I ran a guy on a new 2019 zx6r on the interstate outside st louis. 60-110 we were dead even, over 115 he started to pull away. I ran my buddy last night in a 410whp hopped up mitsubishi evo. 50 to 120 we were dead even but he started to pull away after that.
    I was wondering what races you guys have pulled off?

My bike is an 08 xb12r with jardine exhaust and race ecm

If you're going to street race an old stock Buell like that, make it the shortest race you can (crosswalk to 1/8 mile max), and practice launching. Gotta play to your strengths man, you'll get eaten alive by the end of a 1/4

Beat my meat once, or a few thousand times.

true, but you cant do a 1/8 mile drag on a busy interstate. Besides, I was trying to equate my bike to car hp. I've heard people say you need 600hp to beat a 600cc inline 4, and 1000hp to beat a liter bike. From what I've ridden this seems to hold true for the most part. And those same people say these should be 4-500 hp in a car equivalent. Based on my runs last night I would say that is about accurate as well. If we raced from a dig it would've been a more interesting race for sure!

When the highway 2 river bridge was closed this summer we had a nice empty 4 lane devided highway for a drag strip, right up until the state patrol found out of course (fun haters). Only race of note I did was roughly an 1/8 against a stage 1'd 1250 vrod. Had him off the line and about a bike or a bit more at the wnd everytime. Drag racing a buell is pretty dependent on rider skill. Anyone can launch a vrod (obviously not my buddy lol) I launched the lightning between 3500 and 4000. Out on the clutch as u roll on the throttle. Gotta really be up on the airbox, pretty much a steady wheelie through the mid of second gear. No clutch on the shifts. In that short shot an xb is hard to beat.

All that being said, cant say I'd be racing on a busy interstate. We mess around out here in the sticks on some public roads, but there's about 1 car ever hour on those. Be careful street racing like that, especially next to cages. Maybe find a drag strip.

See i've been browsing forums for a long time and I always heard the vrod boys saying buells are slower. I just cant fathom how they would be that much faster than a 1200 xb.

Cooter and outthere make the best points and play to the bikes strength with a skilled rider.

If you want a fast Buell, get an 1125 or an EBR. XB's are a lot of great things, but fast isn't one of them.

BB is right, play in the desolate country with some run-off or stick to the track. It's not worth the consequences.

It's not power that makes a fast vehicle. It's power to weight. So the Car vs. Bike HP comparison is a little weighted.

Weighted. Get It?!?! PUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN

HP is pretty easy to make nowadays and traction control pretty standard, watch out for some smaller performance cars. Especially the AWD ones. 300hp isn't much in a car but put in in a bike and 250MPH comes pretty quickly.

26 seconds quickly

Ahhhhhhhhhh, the going straight (very talented) on the street syndicate! See ya zipped up in a black bag soon pal. Take it to the track man!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Cooter and outthere make the best points and play to the bikes strength with a skilled rider.

If you want a fast Buell, get an 1125 or an EBR. XB's are a lot of great things, but fast isn't one of them.
    Maybe not crazy fast, but theres never been a moment on my xb where i felt slow, either. Xb12 has such a raw and visceral nature about the power delivery that is too addicting.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast