Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, who'd you beat with your xb?

here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pdksh View Post
    Didn’t suggest I had superior hardware. What can I say, when you ride a Buell, you’re always looking for the chance to give it
    Very true

I'll just go for my most proud/stupid moment. Don't know the speeds couldn't look down... So here it goes. It was at the 2014 Buell meet at the dragon, I had linked up with someone that said they just wanted to cruise the mountain and we were heading back down. I had the lead when a Kawasaki ninjutsu 1000 blew by me. Instantly adrenalin was flowing through my veins at a level I can only remember feeling when deployed to Iraq. I twist the throttle and committed to myself that I would not let him put any kind of distance on me. This Rider was in a full race suit with knee pucks that barley even existed any more! There were moments where I knew if he lifted at all our tires were going to kiss.... Now this being the dragon I had no intentions of passing at the speeds we were traveling. So now we're at the bottom and pulling into the hotel/gas station, and as we pull into parking spots I can't wait to see what the guy is going to say to me when 3 more Kawasaki ninja 1000's pull in behind us and now I'm caught a little of guard when they all walk up to me in full suits and they were like damn how were you riding like that in blue jeans and a t-shirt, "that was my stupid part". They went on to tell me that they were riding together and every time they would start to catch me on the short straights I would take lines way tighter than they could take and pull away in the corners. I actually apologized because I didn't know there was anyone behind me I was so focused on not giving the guy in front of me an inch........ That was a win for me.......

O the bike a 2007 Buell Firebolt XB12R d&d twin can exhaust, dobeck tfi as well as an ebr ecm, ebr race rotor, k&n air filter, odiehawk air box heat shield, right side scoop, and Michelin pilot power 3's.

Great pics outthere! and this is what it looks like after you pass that Panigalé with a Buell

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by djs2k2 View Post
    I'll just go for my most proud/stupid moment. Don't know the speeds couldn't look down... So here it goes. It was at the 2014 Buell meet at the dragon, I had linked up with someone that said they just wanted to cruise the mountain and we were heading back down. I had the lead when a Kawasaki ninjutsu 1000 blew by me. Instantly adrenalin was flowing through my veins at a level I can only remember feeling when deployed to Iraq. I twist the throttle and committed to myself that I would not let him put any kind of distance on me. This Rider was in a full race suit with knee pucks that barley even existed any more! There were moments where I knew if he lifted at all our tires were going to kiss.... Now this being the dragon I had no intentions of passing at the speeds we were traveling. So now we're at the bottom and pulling into the hotel/gas station, and as we pull into parking spots I can't wait to see what the guy is going to say to me when 3 more Kawasaki ninja 1000's pull in behind us and now I'm caught a little of guard when they all walk up to me in full suits and they were like damn how were you riding like that in blue jeans and a t-shirt, "that was my stupid part". They went on to tell me that they were riding together and every time they would start to catch me on the short straights I would take lines way tighter than they could take and pull away in the corners. I actually apologized because I didn't know there was anyone behind me I was so focused on not giving the guy in front of me an inch........ That was a win for me.......

me::::::

He's further back than that. He showed me the Thunderhill lines for a few laps but I brake later than most ( the best way to keep from getting stuffed buy squids) & that was that. Good guy and just about my age. Sonoma in 7 day's. Looking forward to this and TH on the 2nd & 3rd. That should wrap up the year
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by outthere; 10-14-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djs2k2 View Post
    yeah i got an 08 xb12r and it really just corners well. And it switches directions REALLY fast too, like if you have a hard left followed by an immediate hard right, just throw your weight each way and the bike just follows. I like to describe the bike's handling as "point and shoot". Not sure if it makes any sense to anyone besides myself but there ya go

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    He's further back than that. He showed me the Thunderhill lines for a few laps but I brake later than most ( the best way to keep from getting stuffed buy squids) & that was that. Good guy and just about my age. Sonoma in 7 day's. Looking forward to this and TH on the 2nd & 3rd. That should wrap up the year
    I imagine you and I could have a bucket of fun if we got on the same track and you have much better tracks near you... I'd like you to show me the the lines too!

Paging Wickedchop!

LOL, come on down to NJMP boys. I'll show y'all the line, follow me for awhile, hit me with the questions when we pit in, then I'll follow you guys for a few, then we can go out later and have at it if y'all feel comfortable. Be glad to have you guys down, I'd be honored.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast