Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So, who'd you beat with your xb?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Yikes, he should have his suspension looked at. No way in hell should be have to do a rear "flip" after 20 mins! My RC is hell on tires, my gsxr is easy on tires. I've NEVER seen anyone have to do a flip after 20 mins though......
    He had the suspension set up by https://www.crstuning.com/ mid day. Ask Cooter Buttonwillow eats bikes and tires, LOL Sorry Cooter.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-14-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Maybe he should try www.markbiltracebikes.net that's who sets up our machines. He has over 100 national and regional championships under his belt.
    Last edited by wickedchop; 10-15-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Maybe he should try www.markbiltracebikes.net that's who sets up our machines. He has over 100 national and regional championships under his belt.
    Thanks man .

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Sorry Cooter.
    Haha, no worries SR The time before last at Buttonwillow it was well over 100 ambient and the tire balls would hit my helmet if I was following someone! 20 mins is excessive though

To be honest WC has a point. Suspension tuning is far from a concrete science. There are rules, yes. But rider preference and tuner preference can have a wide grey area. Just like a doctor, I would get a 2nd opinion no matter what

This is what good tire wear looks like. There's 3 track days on this rear Pirelli SC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by outthere; 10-15-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Have you seen the new Pirelli TR? Supposedly a "Q4 killer" according to the Pirelli tire rep. I told her I thought the quote was funny, sounded like admitting they needed to step it up to the Q4 No bs, the Rosso III and Super Corsa are both amazing for street/track.

In all honesty, new motorcycle tires are stunningly light years ahead of even 5 years ago. I think we're at the point of diminishing returns. The Q3+ I just put on the Brutalé absolutely transformed that already stellar handling bike, and the Michelin Road Pilot 5's on the STT won't give a wobble on the rough street, even completely on the edge... and still look brand new at 6000 miles now!

I remember buying bias Metzlers for the Ninja 1000R in 1986 because the chicken strip was so wide I probably didn't need a kickstand

Personally I like the Pirelli more than the Q4's. More front feedback IMO. I do have a new set of them on spare wheels. I use in November @ Thunderhill unless the Pirellis still have life in them after Sonoma on the 21nd. My set up is different than it was when I did use the Dunlops so mabe it's not a honest observation and I'm now a bit smoother on throttle than I was. Sitting here glancing back it's surprising how little I'm actually WOT.

This is all I'm trying to figure out, we get 8 20 min sessions per track day, he chewed up one side and had to do a flip in his first session. For every two rears I replace the front. Dunlop slicks on the wheels are $430 at the track.....call it $450. With that being said he went through $1350 worth of slicks at one track day????? Something is wrong with that bikes suspension period!

Someone else in the sportbike world suggested me Metzler M7s when my rear tire started showing cords. I bought one of those and boy it's a great tire. My front is gonna need changed this coming spring so I'm gonna get another one. Its got mid range pricing and higher performance.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast