Thread: Highest speed achieved on an XB?

Highest speed achieved on an XB?

Just curious to see what everyone else says. My xb12r stock hit 135 and had a little left in it. Previous owner said he did 145 but it was done after that. I know this topic gets beat to death but I am always curious since there's always someone who claims they did 160+ on a stock xb

I'm on the limiter @ Thunderhill's front straight every lap. How fast, can't see the speedo thru the black tape.

My previous stock X1 did 150mph 240km/h in counter, in my XB i havent have the guts to try it.

All,

Well my stock 09 Uly with a biggish windscreen makes it to 105mph and that's it--My '67 650 Norton Dominator, about the same. The Uly has twice the cc's, same weight and 50 years newer--am I missing something here?

Opto

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    All,

Well my stock 09 Uly with a biggish windscreen makes it to 105mph and that's it--My '67 650 Norton Dominator, about the same. The Uly has twice the cc's, same weight and 50 years newer--am I missing something here?

Opto
    Maybe clutch slipping or not adjusted correctly......?? I can hit 110mph easily with my GF on the back(combined weight 340lbs) and it's not even topped out.

I had a tune I thought was good and got about 110mph on the STT on a 3 mile run. Added 15% to the fuel map for fun and did the same stretch at 135mph much more easily. Just goes to show ya, tune tune tune!

2008 Uly with large windscreen, hits 100MPH in a flash then crawls from there, I have never waited to see what it would climb too. 100% stock. Also using the Speedo, no idea about possible error in the Speedo, may have been doing 135mph :-)

My X1 slays the Uly, it has a pipe and I suspect a tune. Still never went much more then 100mph but of course it's Speedo is in KM per Hour.

Damn 5 speed gear boxes!!!

Thanks, pdksh, for confirming. Cooter says 105 is "pretty good for a Uly". Now the EBR--total other story and no, I have never run it out.

Opto

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    Thanks, pdksh, for confirming. Cooter says 105 is "pretty good for a Uly". Now the EBR--total other story and no, I have never run it out.

Opto
    Well, I couldn't catch you so....