Thread: Lurking on Facebook

Lurking on Facebook

I’ve discovered many Buell and Vrod groups on Facebook with some interesting posts and lots of pics. But every time I try to add my 2 cents to a discussion I find a complete tool that blatantly attacks and resorts to name calling. I like to stay stock and follow the manufacture service procedures, except when tightening oil drain plugs. Call me old fashion.

These tools make me so frustrated that I’m really suspicious that they have never ridden a bike and they are simply trolls.

I really appreciate the community this forum has. Thank You. With out you guys I would have sold my Uly the first time it refused to start, instead of getting three more Buells.

Really? A push rod V45 1203cc can smoke an 1125? Really? I’m a squid because I don’t want to pull the factory EFI and put on a carburetor for an extra 5HP? Really? A choke is better than an ECM? Ok I’m ranting now.

Have any examples or who? I’m active on the Facebook stuff.

It's pretty easy to block someone there and not listen to the BS if you don't want to.
    Often it's better to stay quiet, although as a mod I have a hard time doing so.
    Just watch out for that Jacob Stark guy, he's a bit of a clown some days.

That is the main reason I have never had a FB account and feel better for it. This place can be quiet sometimes, but is pretty good at self policing the non-contributing blowhards. Unless that's me, then thanks for letting me stay

I feel that forums are a community where people know you and we all get to use them at a repository for knowledge. Ups and downs ya sure, but still family

IMO, FB is a circle of people all yelling at once, and the loudest voice wins. No thanks.

At least the nice people here won't try to vulture your parts off a freshly wrecked bike... Ahem Crash...

LOL Dean

^I like this a lot^

I really wish I could stay off facebook, the buellxb group on there is a joke imo!

I had a run in with a guy named Shane Nigans I think. I blocked him and his posts. Apparently if you don’t put on a 1250 hammer kit and a carb on your bike you have no idea what you’re doing. And a tuber has a better power to weight ratio than an 1125...

Don’t even get me started on the V-Rod tools. Never need to check valve lash on a Rod??? Yes I agree, you may never need to adjust it, but waiting to hear a noise before checking it... OMG! Tight valves are the silent killer.

There is a general consensus that HD mechanics suck because they don’t follow the service manual, but if some moron tells you nonsense on FB it’s the holly grail.

I love you guys <3