Thread: Ulysses Battery Charging

I test rode a 2007 XB12X & noticed a capped electrical connector under the left front of the saddle. It looked like the connector used to change the business end of my trickle charger (only bigger) & when I asked about it, was told that's what it's for. Then I bought the bike & the manual says not to charge the battery in the bike. Any info would be appreciated.

It is a battery tender harness. Technically, a battery tender isnt a charger, its a maintaining trickle charger set-up. When they say charger they mean big amps regular charger

Never plugged a battery tender into it, but it is also where I connect my VDSTS to reset the TPS and monitor the engine and electronics.

Pull the seat and look at the battery to see if there are some extra leads that go to that plug. If there isn't then it's to hook up the computor as 2Evil4U said. Most tenders have just a 2 prong plug for the leads.

Thanks for the info. I plugged in my trickle charger & it seems to indicate it has a good connection & is working. Just wondered why there was no mention of the hookup in the owners manual.

My HD/Buell dealership (Southside Harley in Indianapolis) installs the trickle-charger harness on every bike they sell, regardless of whether the prospective owner has a trickle charger at home. So, mine had the harness installed when I bought it.