Thread: Supertrapp Model 725-71235 need feed back please

Supertrapp Model 725-71235 need feed back please

I want a performance muffler but not a lot of noise. I know they usually go hand in hand but I can dream can't I? Anybody have any experience with the supertrapp muffler? Specifically the model listed in the title of the thread? Will I be able to ride without ear plugs? I currently have a Hawkins and it is too load. I know sometimes sound/noise is a perception thing but I don't want to spend money and not be happy. The bike really runs great with the performance muffler.
    Will I be able to use the chin fairing with the Supertrapp.
    Thanks for your input.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joeharley View Post
    I want a performance muffler but not a lot of noise. I know they usually go hand in hand but I can dream can't I? Anybody have any experience with the supertrapp muffler? Specifically the model listed in the title of the thread? Will I be able to ride without ear plugs? I currently have a Hawkins and it is too load. I know sometimes sound/noise is a perception thing but I don't want to spend money and not be happy. The bike really runs great with the performance muffler.
    Will I be able to use the chin fairing with the Supertrapp.
    Thanks for your input.
    Joe
    The part # you specified was for a tuber, not a Ulysses. I mention this because you posted under the Ulysses section.

If you have a tuber, and just posted under the wrong section, you should be fine as the bike in the description shows the muffler with the chin fairing installed.

If you have a Ulysses, you can buy aftermarket chin fairing mounts from Dean Adams or Drummer (or others) and you can hang the chin fairing on, even without a muffler.

As far as sound is concerned, I personally think all XB aftermarket exhausts are too loud... but that is totally subjective and most others disagree.

P.S. Even if you are running the infamous Hell-Fire Speed Demon Power Exhaust v2.0* (tm), wind noise is going to be more damaging to your hearing, than the exhaust.

*Hell-Fire Speed Demon Power Exhaust v2.0 (tm) is a registered trademark of LF Heavy Industries.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 10-18-2019 at 04:47 PM.

The folks at Supertrapp said that was the part number for my 2009 XT. They couldn't say yes or no to the chin fairing bracket though

Well, if they say it should fit.... I was getting different info when I googled the part #.

The aftermarket chin fairing brackets are about $80 and attach to the motor. Normally it attaches to brackets on the stock muffler. Here is a link to a thread where they show them on the bike.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...iring-brackets

http://deanadamsdesigns.com/cart.php...&category_id=4

Thanks for the links. I have seen the brackets. I was just surprised that Supertrapp couldn't answer the question.

I have a Drummer & Deans for XB and all I hear is intake roar.

I thought effective mufflers were a matter of physical size, but Bubbles has a Vance and Hines on the Blast that looks exactly as big as the part number you posted and it's WAAAY louder than even the shorty (disk-style) Superttrapp I have on the STT.

I like both styles of Drummer for a deep mellow tone. I have even added a perforated tube and packing to an otherwise empty Drummer can and thought it was the quietest and best sounding muffler ever

Anyone with the MagnaFlow car muffler mod chime it? I'd think they would be quiet too.