Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xb12 mods advice

If you do the work yourself. (Sounds like you can). I think you can hit your goal with a stage 2 nrhs motor. Tuning is either full custom done by you, which requires a wideband setup or done by a pro on a dyno. Either way it’s possible. From experience I will say there’s more money involved with an engine build than expected. Figure in oil, plugs, tools you don’t have, fresh clutch for the extra power? Mite as well rebuild the fuel pump. If I’m spending this coin on a motor I’m covering all the bases. It adds up. Trust me. $1500 turns into 2 grand real quick. 2 grand to 3 grand and so on. Be prepared

If you can get the cylinders and heads for $900 for a 1250cc kit let me know where you are getting it . I will pick it up for my other scg. Also it doesn’t matter how much money you put into it you will get 99% of it back if you enjoy it. When my bike was hit I had to have it appraised and then StateFarm just fixed it. I have not messed with it since it was repaired so little blue just sits under its blanket collecting dust.
    E0107D54-95BB-40A2-9080-B799104B50A5.jpg

If you can’t tune yourself (doesn’t sound like you can). Then figure in a professional dyno tuning for you. You must find someone who can tune buells. (Good luck) It’s just money rite?

I have more money in my engine than what I paid for the entire bike. Kick that around a minute

Quote Originally Posted by squidbuellie View Post
    If you can get the cylinders and heads for $900 for a 1250cc kit let me know where you are getting it . I will pick it up for my other scg. Also it doesn’t matter how much money you put into it you will get 99% of it back if you enjoy it. When my bike was hit I had to have it appraised and then StateFarm just fixed it. I have not messed with it since it was repaired so little blue just sits under its blanket collecting dust.
    E0107D54-95BB-40A2-9080-B799104B50A5.jpg
    1250 an cams for 900 off nhrs. Head work will be extra. I will learn how to tune this bike. Just a good self safe street tune.. obviously not just WOT based. And yes when I built my turbo car i had a lot of Nickle and dime items I needed to buy.

All in. I got 10 grand invested in a $3,000 bike. She’s fully restored. Obviously I’m taking her to the grave. If you wanna keep it forever then go h.a.m. If you wanna sell it at some point then keep up the maintenance and ride.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    All in. I got 10 grand invested in a $3,000 bike. She’s fully restored. Obviously I’m taking her to the grave. If you wanna keep it forever then go h.a.m. If you wanna sell it at some point then keep up the maintenance and ride.
    Thats the plan, ill never sell this bike. Ive only had it 2 months and have put 2,000 miles on it and went through it completely. New drive belt, both pulleys, idler pulley, main shaft bearing, new fan, new bearings all around the chassis and wheels. Throttle and clutch cable replaced, new clutch. ****ers close to mint. Only paid 1500 for the bike. Don't mind putting some money into it. It's clean for an 04. Guy I bought it off of got in over his head on it but it was right up my alley.

Pm me.

You are at the crossroads of what your bike is worth. Anything past what you have rite now would be a loss if you sold it. If you want to keep it. Holla at me

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Pm me.
    How do I message you?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast