Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xb12 mods advice

Money pit for small gains of HP get a 1125 or a 1190 .

If I wanted an 1125 I would have bought an 1125. I can make good power out of this 12 for little money

Quote Originally Posted by XB12Steve View Post
    If I wanted an 1125 I would have bought an 1125. I can make good power out of this 12 for little money
    Please show us a dyno now and after, and what it cost . more power to ya .

Quote Originally Posted by XB12Steve View Post
    I can make good power out of this 12 for little money
    All the people you asked for advise... are telling you the exact opposite. So you should prove them all wrong! I'm behind you 100%, these haters don't even know who they're messing with

Google XBRR. Thats a simple and basic project to copy, and pretty cheap too! Start with a base dyno run and post it, then build the XBRR engine and do another run! That would shut these idiots up!

Xb12steve, let me break this down for you. You have an air cooled, push rod v twin. If you want power it will cost you big time. There are much better platforms to start from. I have a full NRHS stage 2 xb9 motor. Full head work, big bore, cams, etc. I have several grand in this motor. I gained 30-40 hp to the tire. Started at 70 stock. Went to 100-110. Again I have several thousands dollars in this build. If this is what you are looking for then go for it! Anything past what I have in my opinion gets to be a hassle to ride on the street. You want a 150hp xb12? Is absolutely doable, but she will be a trailer queen. If you want 10-20 hp over what you have then that’s very possible and streetable. You want more? GET ANOTHER BIKE

I'm not saying anyone's an idiot I just would like replies from guys who have actually attempted to make a decent powered xb12 and what It costs. I'll be doing all the work myself so only costs will be machine work and gaskets etc. I'd be happy with 110-120 horse that doesn't seem impossible to me

If you want 120 to the tire on a 12 then that is very possible. It will still cost you SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS. If you have the cash then call Dan Dunn at NRHS. He has what you need. You can save a lot of money doing the build yourself. If you are incapable and need Dan to build it then it’s gonna cost you more. You’ll need big bore, full head work, cams and a Custom Tune. IDS won’t be able to tune this engine. Custom only. Good luck bud

I did the hammer performance 1250 kit last year on my 05scg and the parts ran about $5,800. That was for the cylinders, heads, intake, cams and ecm. I got hit while data login the bike. So I only have about 80 miles on the build, but it did go on the dyno twice and the bike was pulling 106 to the rear wheel without a hard pull.
    2674BE7A-FC66-42CD-A0E8-25EC5CB6FA60.jpg

Now I also had a 05scg with a axxel 1250cc kit with light head work and it was dyno at 105 to the rear wheel. I did not build it but the guy gave me the receipts and it roughly $4700 but it was done in 2006
    Last edited by squidbuellie; 10-20-2019 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    If you want 120 to the tire on a 12 then that is very possible. It will still cost you SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS. If you have the cash then call Dan Dunn at NRHS. He has what you need. You can save a lot of money doing the build yourself. If you are incapable and need Dan to build it then it’s gonna cost you more. You’ll need big bore, full head work, cams and a Custom Tune. IDS won’t be able to tune this engine. Custom only. Good luck bud
    I'm very capable, I recently built a 600 horse turbo ls1 camaro that I've owned for 10 years. Once I have something I like I don't mind putting some coin into it because I know I'll never sell it. Not an investment at all.. I know I'll never recoup any money on it. Just want personal enjoyment out of my knowledge and labor. I figured 1500 bucks to get my wants met. Maybe a little more. Was gonna do the 1250 with cat cams for 900 deal at nhrs there plus heads.

Squid that sucks man. Seems like my kinda luck though.. just build something and have something bad happen. How was the build that much?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast